1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi (from inside the closet)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by fluffycloseted, Aug 5, 2016.

1. fluffycloseted

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hej (that's hi or hey in Swedish, my native language).

My name's Adam and I am gay (and fabulously so, may I add). I've pretty much known I'm non-straight since I first started to learn mathematics. My upbringing has been lacking some peace and quiet, coming from a dysfunctional and split family living in a suburban hell-hole. It wasn't as much of a cliché as it may sound, but still. Ever since puberty hit for real I've had almost exclusively female friends (although with some important exceptions). I hated (my old) school, mostly because it was full of raging homophobes and conservatists – but that's all better now. I got into a great high school-ish (you start at age 16 and graduate at 19) which essentially changed my entire life, since I got to meet real life, genuine, not-just-on-TV LGBTQ-people.

But, I still haven't found the courage to come out to my bigger circle of friends or especially not family. So, to my family (who've never ever thought twice about it) I'm straight as can be, and to my friends I am a/grey-sexual (since it felt too ridiculous pretending to be straight). However, I really, really, REALLY wanna change this. I wanna be gay out in the open and in the free (lol).

So, now I'm here, looking for advice or support and just somewhere to be myself and have somewhere to share my feelings, thoughts and everything i "can't" IRL. I've ended up on here on several different occasions after googling different topics but I haven't thought about joining the community myself – until now. So! Here I am! :icon_bigg

Psst! Sorry about the weird rambling but I can never help it. Also: sorry if I make little language mistakes, english is my second language. Hope you can look past them.

2. GayPugs

Sup! Well, you sound interesting! I can relate to having your family think your straight even though you've dreamed about "doing it" with a girl since you were four years old. (Sorry, sorry, got off topic.) Baaaaaasically, you sound cool! If you need any advice or just wanna chat, you can also ring me up (or, like, post something on my profile) cuz I love to talk! So much.

3. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC. (&&&)

4. fluffycloseted

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey! Thanks for the warm welcome(-ings).

You sound interesting as well, so we should definitely have a chat sometime. It's actually great to hear others have experiences similar things. Not that it changes anything, really, it's just nice.

5. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile: