1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yes I am

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Newbie1961, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Newbie1961

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi folks! Another new gal here. I'm hoping I can find support within this community. I am turning 55 this year and it's looking like things are going to be great.

My background- was married to a man for 20 years. Divorced now for 16. I always knew what I was, but played the small town role and got married. I have one daughter in her thirties and two granddaughters.

Ive never acted on my desires, but I have always been attracted to women. It was always a dream to be the real me, but I stuffed it and ignored it until recently. That was obviously not healthy. I literally stuffed myself with food during a very long depression. I am talking 30 years of severe depression. I hold a masters degree, but was forced to quite teaching because I could no longer function. After 15 years of working my butt off in therapy things are changing fast and furious.

I have never dated since Prior to my marriage. I have had very few close friends in my life due to the fact I could never state any truths without the worry of this topic becoming a problem. I have had one friend for the past 13 years and have kept my mouth shut because I didn't want to scare her off. She is 9 years older and has been married, divorced, and single forever. I've been attracted to her for a long time but never mentioned it, over the last year we have become very close. Last week we finally started talking very intimately and she admitted she had the same feelings for me. I never planned for this and assumed I would finish my life out alone being Grandma.

Now I can't stop smiling. I'm truly happy for the first time I can recall. I feel like a giddy teenager. I came here to hopefully find some answers and advice as I move forward on this unknown territory.

2. GayPugs

Ah...at first that seemed really long but after I read it I just felt really good about life. It's good you're happy! Welcome to EC, I hope you have a good time here! =D You are more than 30 years older than me (I'm not doing that math to get the exact number xD) but if you ever wanna talk, I'm here! And lonely...and also fist-bump for being awesome enough to take control of your life! =D

3. HuskyLover

Welcome to EC, I'm happy for you! :slight_smile:

4. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to the site~! ^.^

5. Austin226

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC! Hello from Nebraska, fellow Midwest dweller!

6. BenFreeman

Well done 1961....I am 1968...I've only been here for a short while but Im glad to see some more mature folk here...(-:

7. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile: