1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELLO! New to hear. Realised now I'm bisexual.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Blue Autumn, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Blue Autumn

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi there folks,

Hope you are doing well!

Well, I am from the North area of the UK. In my early thirties. Single white female, and recently in the past few years, I have discovered that recently I am bisexual.

But sadly, I have not come out to my family or friends, or to anyone of that matters.

My immediate family are not against homosexuality as such, in terms of lesbian versus guy people, but they just got a problem with bisexuality...

My immediate family think bisexual people are just plain greedy. Tut, tut!

And then when I was at school, I was accused of being guy and got bullied for the accusations, but I never came out to anyone at school or at home...back then, I never suspected myself at being bi....never thought about sexuality on a personal level as I too busy being a kid.

So I have always felt that I had to hide my individuality as a result of my immediate family and my school bullying.

Any advice on how to cope, etc....I love to explore both genders, in terms of relationships and sex, but I am too ashamed to be myself around my family, especially. I don't care about friends and the wider community as such..

Thanks folks!

Take care xxx:kiss:

#1 Blue Autumn, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  2. Snoww

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats on your discovery!

Your immediate family should try informing themselves more on bisexuality. It's bad to only be fond on stereotypes. Give them an article about it?

Start by telling your friends, if you haven't done that already. Because the bullies thought you were something you were not, it might have been really hard for you to defend yourself with something other than "no I'm not". Now, you know what you are ( and hopefully you accept yourself that way ) so you can teach them that there's nothing wrong with being bisexual, if it ever comes to people not accepting that part of you.

We wish you good luck c:

3. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC~! ^.^

4. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She