1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by MJaye, Aug 17, 2016.

1. MJaye

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi
    I'm MJaye and I'm 35. A few years ago I realized I was a lesbian. I haven't been in a relationship with a woman before, and I don't really know how to seek one. Since being able to admit it to myself I haven't talked to anyone about it, which is causing me to feel quite depressed. It has been weighing heavily on me and I don't know what to do about it.

Since a young age I've always been a tomboy. Relationships with men are awkward and uncomfortable. I've found myself falling in love with my friends and feeling confused. I grew up, like many of you, in a small town where being gay wasn't accepted.

I'd like to make some friends here and gain some knowledge on how to find someone to date. I'm afraid no one will want to take a chance with someone who hasn't dated a woman before. Any help is appreciated

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC. :wave:

3. MJaye

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you for the welcome

4. Baseballgirl10

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I can relate to quite a bit of this. You're not alone. As far as seeking a relationship, I feel like it's just a matter of putting yourself out there. I wish I was in your shoes. I'd have no trouble asking you or any other girl out if I was completely out and felt like it would be okay from a religious standpoint. That's a whole can of worms to open up haha. All I'm saying is be confident in yourself. Meet new people and get to know them just like with every relationship you've had in the past and at some point just take the plunge! The worst that can happen is they say no and you're better off and meet someone even more amazing than them who won't say no!

---------- Post added 20th Aug 2016 at 02:06 AM ----------

Also, I made my username about a sport so... you already have proof that I was always a tomboy as well

5. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile: