1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Party in the US of Gay

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by bjanna, Aug 21, 2016.

1. bjanna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi! I didn't even realize there was a welcome lounge before posting on other stuff but here I am :lol:
    I'm Joanna, I'm 17 from Texas and I'm lesbian! I used to identify as bi but I realized in March that I wasn't attracted to guys. I think I was identifying as bi out of fear of being "fully-gay" and being far from "normal" or straight. So when I admitted to myself I was lesbian, it felt a lot different, and it was scarier, but I knew that it was me. I still sometimes think about how my life would be easier if I were straight, but I know I'll be happier living the life I have as who I really am. Really gay :lol:.
    I really like music, I like Gorillaz, Epik High, Clean Bandit, Phoenix, I really don't care about genre and I just listen to whatever sounds good haha. I also like classical music a lot because I used to play piano, euphonium(so out of place lol), and violin.
    I also love video games, my personal favorites are professor layton (I got super into curious village in elementary school and then played the rest obsessively and I'm pumped for Lady Layton), Animal Crossing (I love the gamecube version the most, but our wii just died so I'm suffering lol), Legend of Zelda (I'm close to finishing windwaker hd, just final dungeon left but I'm too scared of Ganon lmaoo). Some games I really liked recently were Life is Strange (Chloe my baeee), Yakuza 5, and 999 (I got one ending last year but didn't pick it up again until yesterday and I'm excited to keep playing!).
    I want to become a doctor someday. I'd really like to major in neuroscience or psychology and I'm interested in so many medical specialties that I couldn't pick one until I shadow and go to med school myself haha. From psychiatry to surgery lol.
    I also like art like painting and ceramics and sculpture with steel and welding (I took a class recently and fell in love with welding I want to do more and do different types, type I learned how to do was mig welding. It's so fun.).
    Anyways this group seems like a really nice place and I've had fun so far for the hour or so I've been here haha!

2. Rainbow Lantern

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Welcome to EC :slight_smile:! I also realized I was gay in March! Also I've seen you all over the place here - you have been a very active member considering you have only been here an hour! I hope you find what you are looking for here :slight_smile: I know I did! (I feel like I used way too many exclamation marks in this one post...)

3. bjanna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hahaha yeah, I've been just chilling and replying to posts. And March must be gay-realization season :lol:
    + I always worry about using too many exclamation points and sounding too earnest or something but you're fine don't worry! :lol:
    So far I've been having fun here :slight_smile:

4. Rainbow Lantern

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    :lol:

That's good :slight_smile:! See you around!:icon_bigg
    (p.s. So many smilies :lol:!)

5. bjanna