1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by vicbram95, Aug 23, 2016.

1. vicbram95

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Hello,

I am very glad I found this website. I have really been struggling and I don't know who I can talk to about it. Here is my story/situation:

I am married to a man with a 1 1/2 year old son. My husband is great and has always been my best friend. We have been together for 5 years (since I was 16). I am starting to realize that is all he is to me , my best friend. I have always been attracted to women but didn't really admit it to myself until about 9 months ago. I have talked to my husband about the feelings I had at the beginning. But I thought I was just bi-sexual and that wouldn't change anything with my husband.

But now more and more all I think about is being with a women. And not just sexually but an actual relationship. I know I need to talk to my husband and I think he will be supportive. But I really don't want to hurt him or my family. I am starting to get anxiety every time I think about it which is most of the time.

I am kind of lost right now. Any advise or even just someone to talk to about it would be great!

2. killswitch0029

Welcome to EC :slight_smile:

3. Dovey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  4. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

5. prettypixie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi! Welcome.
    I'm also married and have kids. It's HARD in this setting to come out. I did a month ago and while I am glad there are small obstacles. I'm working through them though.

Try talking to your husband slowly about how you feel. Doing it all at once like I did might be too hard...or might be good so you can do it and be done. That's up to you. However you do it, talking will ease your anxiety. Somewhat. Take it one day at a time.

If you need to talk, I'm here.