1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hi

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by mtblue, Aug 26, 2016.

1. mtblue

Just needing to talk to people who are going or have been in the same situation as me. I know I like girls, but I am not sure about guys. Only a few of my friends know and none of my family know. Was pretty nervous about joining this but I eventually did it.

#1 mtblue, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  2. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi mt... I've been going through the same questions because I seem to lean more towards girls than guys and wondered whether it was just what was expected of me. Is it the fact that you won't feel comfortable if you find that you are "totally" gay or still hanging on to that part that society deems as normal? Labels have a tendency to really get in they way and play with your head. Hell, I'm still trying to find a dictionary that explains all of the labels I'm learning about each day here...lol. IT all comes down to how you feel inside. Don't let labels define who you are.

3. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

4. IronyIsMySkill

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey! Welcome to EC. Sadly, I don't necessarily have that problem, so I can't help you much there. But, talk to me anytime.

5. mtblue

Thanks for the help :slight_smile: No I don't have a problem if I was gay rather than bisexual it's just confusing. Yeah the labels really can mess with your head!

6. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi mt. Welcome to EC!:slight_smile:

Questioning and ultimately understanding yourself so that you can be comfortable in your own skin is the most important thing. Labels are sometimes convenient when we try to tell others about ourselves, but don't get caught up in trying to fit into a label. Figure out who you are and, then, if you want to use a label for the sake of other people, o.k. But don't ever feel that if you identify with a label, you have to always identify with that label forever in the future. Many of us question our sexuality to greater or lesser degrees throughout our lives and being comfortable inside is priority #1.