1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Clam Rises

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Clam chowder, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Clam chowder

Hi there, My name's Blue (or at least that's what most people call me) but y'all can call me clam if you'd like. It's comical so I can dig it.
    Anyways I'm just another one of those brooding, self-hating teenagers who's trying to find their place in the world, except I'm not interesting enough for a movie adaptation and I make a horrendous amount of puns.
    My gender kind of leaves me at a loss but even so I think I'd prefer if y'all could use he/him pronouns when referring to me. And.. well i guess that's all you need to know about this clamtastic newbie.
    I hope to find some peace in myself through this experience, and hope you can all find the peace you seek, as well.

2. 101DeadRoses

Hi, Blue! Thanks for the peaceful wishes, and may peace rain down on you!

I think you'll like this place. It's helped a lot of people, and there's a lot of people like you around to talk to.

I run a writing thread over in Entertainment and Media... well, I say "run" but I really just occasionally comment and offer advice. If you're into writing, you ought to check it out. There's some good people on there.

I'll send you a friend request. If you want, you can dig through my friends list and find other people to talk to. I know a lot of people who are way cooler than me!

Good luck!

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Blue! Welcome to EC!:slight_smile: I think you'll find a lot of people on this site who can relate to you. You can explore your questioning/confusion here in a non-judgmental atmosphere.

For some reason, when I saw your username, Clam Chowder, and the title of your Post, the first thing that came to my mind was "The Clam Before the Storm." :lol: Maybe it's just my quirky sense of humor...

#3 Quantumreality, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  4. Pel

Pel

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey there! I'll call you Blue Clam, how about that? Welcome to EC! Huh, I get the strange feeling we know each other, but that's nothing, right? I really hope you have a great experience here, and we'll give you all the support you need. That's what we're here for! Have a clamtastic time here and just give a shout if you have any questions! :slight_smile:

5. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You make a horrendous amount of puns? Gonna need all the clammates to gather around for a clam meeting.

Good reef, where do I get started... you sea you're certainly in the right place if you get in a tight spot and don't know who to ask for kelp. Just be shore you aren't too crabby and we'll get along just fine, yes?

You may be wondering where the shell I'm going with this, but just wanted to welcome you. I might not be the best but if you're just stuck on something let minnow!

(mother of cod, I overdid it didn't I?)

6. Beth 43

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Being a teenager is hard enough. You are treated like an adult most of the time when given responsibility, but treated like a child the rest of the time. We get it. You are property of your parents. That must be very difficult. TO add to this already stressful time in your life, you have some seriously big issues to address about you. Know that there are people here just like you, and we can help each other bunches. hugs.

7. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to the forum, Clam!

Brooding and self-hating eh? Wanna be friends? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

:welcome:

8. Clam chowder

ahhh thanks for the good wishes, peace is all i need!

i do enjoy writing a good story now and again but im at a bit of a slow point in that aspect of that life so i don't think i'd be much of a contribution to your thread, but i'll still check it out!!

aaahhhhhhh fRIENDSHIP, sorry for being so erratic, this is just exciting, thanks so much for the request, i'm sure you've got plenty of cool to go around and i'm glad to be a part of it!

---------- Post added 6th Sep 2016 at 08:12 PM ----------

Well let it be known that my first bit of questioning on this site was about why "The Clam Before the Storm" isn't an existing and best-selling book yet. XD

---------- Post added 6th Sep 2016 at 08:13 PM ----------

Thanks for the support, new-found friendo!! it really helps to know that my anonymous internet buds have got my back through the crazed wild of existence

i have no idea whether i should cringe at those puns or worship them (that's how you know you've won) XD

heh, there's always peace to be found in knowing that people in kin to your experiences exist, thanks so much!

---------- Post added 6th Sep 2016 at 08:14 PM ----------

Always looking for more people to add to my infamous self-hating circles, see ya there XD

9. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile: