1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by tornasunder, Sep 14, 2016.

1. tornasunder

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello everyone. I came here in search of advice, acceptance, understanding, and clarity. I have been reading a few threads so far, and have found some very helpful posts about similar situations to mine. I really didn't know where to turn, so here I am. I will be diving in at some point to get started, but this is a great start, I think. I am here, for starters. I have just started to come out as lesbian, and my situation is very difficult to get a grip on. I have been feeling very lost, depressed, and terrified of what the future will bring. I am hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst. I will dive into more detail once I have had the "big talk" with my hetero partner tonight, with whom I just celebrated a five year anniversary recently. I am 33 years old and have a nine year old son, and my partner has been a wonderful stepfather to him, as my son and I narrowly escaped from an abusive marriage before we met. I recently opened a business and am almost 100% financially dependent on my partner. He is a wonderful person, and has been very supportive and understanding so far, but the big, scary, sad part is figuring out how we are going to move forward from here with so many major factors that could change everything in our entire family's life. We are going to sit down and talk it through tonight after my son goes to bed, so please, any thoughts, prayers, good juju for the best outcome for everyone in my family would be greatly appreciated. My heart is breaking, and I am already regretting coming out, but realistically I know that despite how much I love my hetero partner, big changes have to take place in order for both of us to be happy and the most compassionate thing we can do for each other is to draw the line in the sand wherever that will have to be. <3

2. killswitch0029

Welcome to EC :slight_smile:
    It's understandable to feel nervous. Never really been in your situation, but it's best if you just be brutally honest. Regardless of how things go I feel that you'll find this site to be great for support.

Good luck :slight_smile:

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC, tornasunder!:slight_smile: Sorry to hear about your difficult situation:icon_sad:, but you will find people here who have experienced similar things. This is a great support site!:thumbsup:

4. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi. I came out to my wife about 3 months ago. I have 2 kids with her. I have now come out to my whole family, at work and with friends. I do know what you're going through.

There will be lots of challenges to come. Just keep calm, break things down to baby steps to make it manageable, and keep reading and posting here. Let us know how it goes tonight!

5. Snoww

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to EC~
    Omg good luck! I hope everything will turn out just fine!
    You'll find a lot of support here ^^

6. tornasunder

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you all very much for the warm welcome! We did have our talk last night, and I think it went pretty well. I am so lucky to have a partner who is so understanding and willing to stay by my side while I work through all of this.

7. nbd

nbd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Best of luck to you. I am so happy for you that you have a supportive partner while you work through this. I have kids too, and it's a huge factor and complication. You've come to a very supportive place!

8. ABeautifulMind

Best of luck.. I am not in your shoes, but I have seen numerous people here in your shoes...

You should check out the LGBT Later in Life section if you havent...

Welcome to EC, and trust me, if its support you want, this is the place :grin:

#8 ABeautifulMind, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  9. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile: