1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New and confused...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Mugwump, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Mugwump

Hi! I am 23 years old, female, and utterly confused about my sexuality! I don't know why I am posting... other than I don't know what else to do to figure it out. I always assumed I was straight, but have never been interested in anything sexual, touching, kissing with guys. I started thinking I was asexual (and I think that is still quite likely), but I have recently started toying with the idea that I could be interested in women, and it's kind of exciting! Still utterly confused, though. Has anyone else have similar experiences while trying to work out their sexuality?

2. Just Adam

im the same jsut from teh other side of the spectrum i always assumed i was straight i even dated women but it never seemed to work out so i just got confused and felt i couldent be loved. first time i realised i might like guys is when i actually met my best mate and i was liek what... is this feeling and its kind of developed from there. what you need to do is start looking and thinking about women more when you see them naked do you get a funny feeling and are overly interested droolings always a good indication aswell

x :slight_smile:

3. Nitro

Welcome to EC!

You are in remarkably large company. I think you will fit in just fine. Whatever the answer is for you, remember the common wisdom: the first person you come out to is yourself.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello and welcome to EC :slight_smile:

Your introduction makes you sound quite a lot like me so dont worry, your not alone. If you want to chat you can post on my wall, or just have a look around, everyone here is very friendly and helpful.

5. Mickey

Welcome to EC. I think the majority of people feel this way. Sexuality can be so confusing.
    You came to the right place to try and figure it out. I hope you like our site. There are terrific people here,who have traveled the road you are on.You're certainly not alone.
    Talking with others here and reading their stories has been a great help to many.
    We're all here for you. You'll figure it all out. Take your time. There's no rush and it takes some people longer than others to figure out what direction their lives are going in.

6. Shevanel

Hey! Welcome to EC :slight_smile: Like others have said before me, this is definitely the right place for you, you can talk to SO many people, there are tons of people who are going through or have gone through similar problems to you and would gladly help :slight_smile:

7. Thisisnew

Welcome I understand how you feel I just take it one day at a time but I'm sure EC will help you.

8. Jim1454

Hi and welcome!

9. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

As it was said above, you are not alone in your feelings and the things that you are going through. Feel free to talk to any of the members here. Welcome!

10. Mugwump

Wow, thanks so much everyone! This really is a very friendly forum! :slight_smile: While it might seem obvious to many people, it really was nice to know that there are others in my boat - I for some reason thought that most people who were gay/lesbian just knew it, and didn't have to work it out. I suppose really have two things to work out: (a) whether I am interested in males/females, and (b) whether I am interetsed in sexual relationships at all. It's tricky to know what order to work that out in. Anyway, thanks again for all the warm & fuzzy messages!

Mugwump.

11. Bryan44

Hello, welcome to EC!!

12. Magnet

Hi there. Welcome to EC. It's grate to have you here :slight_smile: