1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bures

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Neneveh, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Neneveh

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bures! I am Violette, an MTF transgender who is obviously new to the these forums (but not forums in general, although this is the first one I've seen with a chatroom). I'll be honest, I don't know why I'm really here, as I have been out for a little over three years now. I guess I'm here because I'm sad, and I feel forgotten. You see, I'm the only transgender I really know where I live currently (North Carolina). I mean, I knew somebody else, but he's sadly no longer here. I guess I'm really just here because I don't want to end up like my friend, whom I believed passed away because he simply didn't have the love and support from a community, any community, to carry on. That was a while ago now, and I think it's about time I find new friends who can help me be a happier person, and maybe I can help them too.

Well, I don't really have much more of an intro at this point, so I'll await comments and what not.

2. Keith83

Hey Violette,
    I'm new to this site too. I have posted on other forums but only new to this one. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. You must miss him terribly. And of course you're going to be feeling lonely if there aren't any other trans people for you to talk to where you live. It's always easier when there's people who know what you've been through to talk to. It's always hard to make new friends. But I'm only on this site a few days and I already get the sense of a community. Have you any close friends at the moment where you live? You sound real down about everything. I know it must be tough but after the storm comes the rainbow. You just hang in there and things will get better. Make sure you message me back!!! :slight_smile:

3. Neneveh

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you, Kieth. Yes, it is very hard to keep going when your lonely. And although I am surrounded by great friends, I am always reminded that none of them understand me as... well, me. None of them are transgender, and although I never hold it against them, I'm kind of getting tired of the unintentional misogyny that I am constantly enveloped in. It's like being a cat in house full of really awesome dogs. Sure, the dogs are great to hang out with, but sometimes I feel that they don't understand how hard and lonely it is to be the only cat in the house. I guess I'm here to meet more cats!

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC, Violette!:slight_smile: I'm sorry to hear about your friend, as well, but as Keith83 said, you'll find this to be a very welcoming, friendly, and safe site. You can read through the threads in the forums in the Support Area and find posts that you can relate to. If you feel like commenting on thread, go ahead. If you have questions, concerns or issues of your own that you'd like to discuss, you can start your own thread in an appropriate forum...

5. Keith83

Hey Violette,
    Well I've got two cats & a dog and they all best pals but I do know what you're saying. Even the most understanding and supportive of friends is never going to completely understand how you feel.
    I don't claim it's the same thing but I'm bisexual (well pansexual) but I don't know anybody else who's bisexual. I know a few gay people but nobody bi. And I'm not out anyway - just to my best friend. But anyway she has another friend who's bi but I don't know them (and can't really get to know them - it's complicated). But although I'm with a girl, I often get these urges to be with guys. And that's just a word I put on it - urges. But my friend was talking about her other bi friend and said that she calls them cravings - not urges. And I just felt like amazed and relieved that I'm not the only one like this. There's other people out there who actually get this. So I totally understand that you want to meet other cats. Cats understand cats and dogs understand dogs and whilst they can all get along you want friends you don't need to explain it all to and put up with the misconceptions etc.
    Well I'm not a cat but if ya ever feelin lonely and ya need to talk then ya know where I am! We're all just made up of the same feelings and emotions and we can all be here for each other. I probably don't understand what being trans feels like but I sure a know a lot about feeling alone because I've been there before - so don't ever be in that place - you've a whole load of people here you can talk to.

Message me anytime!!! I always say it's better to talk stuff out than bottle it up! :slight_smile: