1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by TheGreyBetween, Oct 6, 2016.

1. TheGreyBetween

Hello, new here. I've joined this forum in the hopes of finding some camaraderie with my fellow LGBTQ peeps. I've always been the outsider looking in, even in my queer circles. Times are lonely right now for me, as I don't have anyone to really talk about certain issues that I'm interested in exploring.

I identify as genderqueer and pansexual, and have shifted through various phases in my life (I tried to identify as lesbian, but that didn't work as I was still attracted to some men; the lesbians in my group didn't except me as one of their own anyways!), but it's been complicated. My biological gender has never really felt right to me either, though to look at me, you really wouldn't know I identify as genderqueer and would think I was simply a cisgender female. For the most part, I just go with that because it's less difficult than explaining to everyone and everybody. I don't really have any preferred pronouns, though I like they/them. Also, I'm currently involved in a long-term committed relationship with a straight cisgendered male, so my sexuality isn't evident either. But such is life! So as you can guess, my life is a continuous process of coming out to every new person I meet (if my relationship with that person even gets that deep). My family doesn't really know I'm genderqueer just because I haven't bothered to explain to them and I don't plan on it. There's no point. They do know however that I'm "bisexual"; forget explaining pansexual to them . . . *LOL!*

Anyways, I look forward to reading and posting here and getting to know everybody and hope I can help where I can as my journey's been pretty complex and difficult at times. I'm also hoping to discuss gender, sexuality and mental health issues as that's where my interests and concerns lie at the moment. I noticed that there isn't any specific forum to discuss mental health, but it would be great if there were! (hint, hint). :^)

2. killswitch0029

Welcome to EC :slight_smile:

3. Snoww

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to EC~~
    It's nice to meet you! ^^
    I hope you find what you need here!