1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leaving EC?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by BitterEdge, Mar 25, 2009.

1. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I have recently considered leaving the EC community. It has indeed helped and have met some wonderful people like Janvier in real life. However, I seem to write less and less and not too many people bother talking to me. I disagree with most people on here on a variety of issues and there are some things I might focus on including school, and social issues in the real world.

I feel old being on here and consider it to be a stepping stone.

We shall see.

With love,

Rob (BitterEdge)

2. Sexiross

Sexiross Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    hey... ill be your fresh new bud to talk to. Im new and fun...and i dont take things too personally...so take a chance with me!im young but had ALOT of experimence

3. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I only JUST got to know you. :frowning2: Please don't go Robby. I really like talking to you.

4. jsandoval1192

Hi. I'm kinda new to the site but I would enjoy to get to know you.
    Not many people bother talking to me on here either lol

5. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    YOU feel old? *giggle*

I guess everything's relative.

6. Tim

Tim

I feel 20 and I feel old, it's actually a good thing. You're 21, if you feel old, you should be happy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Everywhere else you'll feel young.

You gotta message people for them to message you back, you can't wait for them :wink:

7. Mestiz0

Go if you really feel like it dude :frowning2: But I am just returning...and I think it would be cool to talk. I am interested in making some actual friends here. But it's all up to you dude! :thumbsup:

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Stuff in your life, like school, are more important and of course they should always be the number one priority. That said, if EC has helped you to get through things, it can also help you in the future. If you decide to be less on EC, that's okay, but maybe don't delete your account.

If you have the feeling that members are not talking to you, maybe try the chat. You have already met some wonderful people on EC! I'm sure you will find a few more members that will talk with you.

Disagreeing with others on issues is fine. Bringing your own take on issues is always good :slight_smile:

If there is something that you would like talk about in private, feel free to pm me or any of the other advisors. Hope all is well!

9. Janvier

Thanks for the compliment, but don't leave us !!
    If you feel how must we (older members) feel?
    EC is constantly changing with new members, threads etc, in a few month it'll be totally different again :slight_smile:

Anyway, feel free to move on if you need to but remember, we'll still be here if you need us (*hug*)

10. EM68

I agree with the other posters. I sometimes feel a bit older here. However in other ways joining EC and starting my new phase in my life I feel young again. You may find that you want to spend less time on here and concentrate on school which is good because that is your future. However, don't delete your account in case you want to come back. What ever you do good luck!

11. littleninja

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was just discussing with my girlfriend that this site seems to be geared towards a very specific time in a person's life... when coming out is no longer a crisis, it makes sense to not need the support you found here. Consider, though, that it's possible you may now be prepared to offer support to those who are younger and afraid during this time of their life.

I'll agree with some others.... school and the outside world need to take priority. There's no reason you can't drop in from time to time and drop some pearls of wisdom. :wink:

12. xequar

Should we go fetch him a cane? :lol:

As for me, I don't feel old on here. I feel wise.

13. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Even though you may not "need" EC like you used to, there might be somebody here who really needs to hear form somebody who has "been there, and done that" and know they will make it through too. If everybody here was only talking to people who havent' came out, they wouldn't find much inspiration to do it! Its the people that have had the experience that give everyone courage!

14. Mickey

If you're old,at 21,I must be ancient! I don't come on EC for advice,I come here to try to encourage people. I know how hard life is,especially when you're going through an identity crisis.I may have come out years ago,but believe me,it's hard no matter what.
    I care about how people feel,and while I may not have all the answers,I try to do what I can to help.
    This is a great site. I wish there was something like this when I was younger. Life would have been easier. There were really no outlets or peer groups,when I was going through
    my turmoil. I'm just so happy that EC is here and the people here really do care enough to want to help others.
    If you want or need to talk to someone,make an effort. PM people. They'll respond. I talk to everyone,either in the posts or in PMs. Remember,we're here because we DO care.

15. Zach

I'm pretty new to this site, but like others have said, if you feel like you need to move on, that is your decision. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to get to know you better, but please don't delete your account here, just don't visit as often if you feel the need to get into something different :thumbsup:

16. littledinosaurs

Bye!!!
    I hope the rest of your life is great without EC
    and i hope if you ever feel the need to come back that you do :slight_smile:

17. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I'll keep my account, but wont post unless people pm most likely.