1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello! I'm new.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Navia, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Navia

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello there! I am really glad I found this place. I'm very confused about my sexuality, I think I'm realising later on in life that I'm gay, although I'm still uncertain. I may be in denial, I don't know. In the last year I have been yoyo-ing back and forth between thinking I'm straight then thinking I'm gay. It's causing me a great deal of distress and I cry a lot when I think about it. I've been in a long term heterosexual relationship for 7 years with a man who is my best friend and the thought of breaking up with him/ hurting him just kills me. It's not something I would be willing to do until I know it's right. I do feel however, there is something missing in our relationship. The same thing that has been missing in all the relationships I've had since I first started dating boys. I'm realising now that I had subconsciously tried to seek out this missing something with my female friends, lots of affectionate snuggles on the couch and so on, I think I connect emotionally with women more than I do with men, but I have never had any physical relations with a woman so I don't know if that's normal or if there is something more to it.

I hope that by becoming a part of your community and reading about other peoples experiences I will be able to figure out my sexual identity. It took a long time for me to decide to start this journey I am both optimistic and utterly terrified. I look forward to meeting you all and making new discoveries about myself. Much love to you all <3

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello Navia! Welcome to EC!:slight_smile: You are not alone. You may want to check out the threads in the Sexual and Romantic Orientation forum and the LGBT Later in Life forum, if you haven't already.

3. Jolly Hermione

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Navia :grin:

Welcome to EC, I hope this website can help you answer your questions ^^

4. Navia

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks Quantum! I had a chance to explore those bords a little bit earlier. I'm already feeling less alone, I'll do some hardcore lurking for a while then hopefully I'll get the guts to start my own thread..

Thanks Jolly, I hope so too =)