1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello, and quick question

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by nonnewtonian, Nov 19, 2016.

1. nonnewtonian

Hi, I just joined this site mainly to see if anyone could help me with this question. I found out I was sexually fluid somewhere close to a year ago and after researching the internet for a while I was a little surprised to discover there wasn't a flag to represent my sexuality. I was wondering if anyone else knew anything about it. I know the idea of sexual fluidity is just recently coming into mainstream acknowledgment, what with Miley Cyrus coming out and all. I actually had to explain what it was to literally everyone I came out to. Anyway, I hope someone knows something about a fluid sexuality flag. Thanks!

2. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I believe this is the flag you are looking for, designed by JJ Poole:

[​IMG]

It may help to use the term "genderfluid", as that is the more commonly-used term that describes your sexuality.

---------- Post added 20th Nov 2016 at 07:33 AM ----------

Looks like that didn't work. Just search up "genderfluid flag" on google and you'll find it.

---------- Post added 20th Nov 2016 at 07:37 AM ----------

[​IMG]

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi nonnewtonian! Welcome to EC!:slight_smile:

4. nonnewtonian

Genderfluid is something different, I thought. Fluid sexuality means that my sexuality changes whenever it wants. For instance I'm currently (and usually) pan, but somedays I only feel attracted to men. Genderfluid is very similar, but with gender or pronouns changing. I mean I could be completely wrong but I thought I'd clarify.

5. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No you're right. I misread your first message and I thought you said something like "fluid sex", so I assumed you meant genderfluid. I haven't heard of a fluid sexuality such as the one you described, though I did know that sexuality can change over long periods of time. I had always wondered if your sexuality existed though. I'll have to look further into it, and I'll get back to you if I find something that could help.

---------- Post added 20th Nov 2016 at 07:10 PM ----------

After looking around in the internet for a bit, I found a term that seems to fit your description: abrosexual. This describes a person who has a rapidly changing sexuality, subsequently fluctuating between different sexualities. Once again, if you look up "abrosexual" on Google then you should find images of its flag, which consists of five stripes of green, white and pink. You'll also find some websites that go into more depth on your sexuality.

I'm personally quite troubled that I hadn't heard of this before, as I do try to educate myself on sexuality and gender as much as possible. It just goes to show the lack of awareness for certain sexualities and gender identities, something that must be fixed.

6. nonnewtonian

Oh, this is interesting. I had no idea there was an official name for it. Thank you for your help, sir. I'll probably continue using the term sexually fluid for the most part. Changes in my sexuality are kind of rare though, so it feels weird putting myself in the same group as other abrosexuals who experience change more often.

Again, thanks for the help in finding the flag!

7. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No problem, I'm glad I could help! In the end it's up to you what you choose to call yourself, though it may help you to know that there are other people out there who identify as sexually/gender fluid and whose sexuality/gender changes quite rarely. I can't speak from experience about abrosexuality (though I did read about some people whose sexuality fluctuated less often, like you) but I have a friend who's genderfluid and who once went for several months feeling like a male. I imagine the rate of change varies greatly from person to person.