1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A possibly unwarranted reintroduction.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by FrogCAT, Dec 4, 2016.

1. FrogCAT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One and a half-ish years, and mountains of regret, realizations, failure, anger, hope, success, and sadness later...

I've returned to tell you the people of EC, That I am back. That I am not dead. That I am ready to reclaim MY title of THE ALMIGHTY FROGCAT! Hello to everyone that joined after I left I am AlmightyFrogCAT, and hi again to all those that remember me! I will be writing this sometime before I post it, so I'm not sure when future me will post it, but it should be before the end of 2016, at which point I will have graduated high school. I know that because the condition I have set for myself to post this is me having graduated. I probably haven't changed enough as a person to warrant a reintroduction but it feels right, and I honestly haven't much thought about what to say here, and I have edited this several times over the past month since I initially conceived of the idea for this post. In fact, I'm not even sure of the original idea(s) I had in mind when I made this. So I suppose it will just be an update post of sorts, along with some speculation on my near future.

First off I'd just like to say that I have confirmed- after much introspection-that I am indeed a Trans Girl and to that effect I will be medically transitioning a soon as I possibly can. And, now that I have graduated, I'll be moving out of my moms house, and I'll be moving in with my grandfather for a few months until my dad has a place for me to stay with him. I do have plans for my time at my grandfather's, but those aren't nearly as important as what I have planned for when I move in with my dad. He wants me to go to a trade school, which I suppose is a good idea so I'll roll with that, but more importantly, I'll be asking him to (at least help) for me to go to therapy so that I can begin my transition. Though the decision I have to make is whether to tell him why I need to go to therapy right away so no secrecy is needed, or do I keep my reasons hidden for as long as possible... I have a few months to decide, and I'll have to think hard during that time. I am leaning towards coming out right away because, luckily for me, my dad is not in the least bit trans-phobic, I have never heard him make any direct statement that would indicate that, I just know the kind of person he is. When I do tell him, he will probably accept me, even though he's always lovingly viewed me as his 'son' I'm sure he would be willing to view me just as lovingly as his daughter. Though I don't expect it will be too easy, as he will need some time to adjust. When the time that I tell him does come, and it will, I will try my hardest to be as understanding and patient as possible.

As for other members of my family, I think most on my fathers side will accept me, as all my uncles are atheists with no reason to be any kind of LGBT-phobic, and my grandmother, although she is christian(of no specific denomination) is one of the kindest old ladies in the world. The only one I expect to have trouble with is my grandfather, as he is Mormon, and even though I haven't heard any directly negative statements from him about LGBT+ people, his attitude towards any mention of them seems rather dismissive, and Mormons aren't exactly known for being LGBT+ friendly. As for my mother's side, I honestly don't know, there's really such an odd mish mash of middle class and white-trash people they could vary from wanting to kill me, to being totally chill with it, though i know my mother will -quite unfortunately but good riddance- want nothing to do with me. However, I would love to be wrong about that.

Another thing of note is that I have finally settled on a name, which is basically the same as the one I have now. My first name is Sidney, which I will simply change to its feminine form, Sydney(people have been misspelling it that way my whole life anyway), my middle name is Arthur, which will be changed to its feminine form -that took forever to find- Artura. As for my last name, I will be changing it to my grandmother's maiden name because, 1.She has always been kind to me, 2.My great-grandfather(Her dad. Was a cool dude apparently) never met him though, also something he built is in a museum, and 3.I really like the way it flows with Sydney Artura. Any who that's about it. I'm not really sure what the purpose of this was, or why I'm even posting it, I guess I just needed to get this out there, to make it real... Thanks for reading.

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello AlmightyFrogCAT! Welcome back to EC!:slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing your story.

Best of luck on Coming Out and transitioning!:thumbsup:

3. FrogCAT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks and hello Quantumreality! I was starting to worry that i was being a little silly by posting this...

4. Snoww

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm one of those fellows that joined after you've left EC '~' but welcome back haha! Cx

I wish you the best for your coming out as well as your transition ^^