1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by WarmEmbrace, Dec 30, 2016.

1. WarmEmbrace

Hello folks :slight_smile: Just made an account today and I am completely amazed by the quality of people on this forum. I am still learning the ropes, but EC seems to be a fantastic community.

I already made an intro thread (life story included) and tried posting it in the "LGBT later in life " section, (since I am older, and saw another intro thread there, thought that was appropriate and didn't notice that there was a lounge section meant specifically for introduction threads :slight_smile:. Sorry about that.)

So also saying hello here, and hoping to learn a lot and to share my own experiences so far, maybe it will be useful :slight_smile:.

I am 38 years old (though a lot of folks put me at around 32 -34 yay for no smoking and no heavy drinking :slight_smile: ), pretty chill and easy going . I've been having transgender thoughts ever since I can remember, repressed throughout most of my childhood and early adulthood because I live in a very LGBT-phobic environment in Eastern Europe. I have been in therapy for gender related issues for about 4 years already (on and off) ever since I started to properly deal with these issues at 31 , and it has been a wild roller-coaster.

Currently deciding whether to embark on the transition boat or to wait some more after a broken marriage of 6 years where I tried so hard to pretend that i am hetero, to mould myself in a regular guy, but ultimately failed:/ ( but at least at all times, from before our first kiss, all my cards were on the table, face up :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

I am a bit weary about the health implications of a late life transition (social implication as well). But I am in no major rush. Need to be very careful about it, measure three times (or thirty times:slight_smile: ) and cut once :slight_smile: .

Best regards :slight_smile:

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello WarmEmbrace! Welcome to EC!:slight_smile:

3. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi WarmEmbrace :slight_smile: Welcome to EC

4. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC. :wave:

5. SiKiHe

Welcome to EC! From what I understand there are plenty of people who don't really know they're trans until a bit later in life. I hope, no matter what, you find a happier you!

6. jadey95

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC. There is no right or wrong time in life to be discover being trans. Many discover that later on in life.

7. WarmEmbrace

Thank you so much for the nice messages and encouragements, much appreciated :slight_smile:.
    Wonderful people here. :grin: