1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Dentalfloss, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Dentalfloss

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hi all
    I'm new here and I'm the mom of someone who I'm pretty sure is gay or maybe bi. I'm not sure. she hasn't told us yet but I accidentally saw some texts between her and a friend and it's looking like she's in a relationship with this girl. I have so many thoughts and questions running in my head right now.

---------- Post added 31st Dec 2016 at 05:10 AM ----------

If this is the wrong place for a parent then I apologize. If you guys know of a better place for parents to go then please send me a link.

2. LeticiaTheLesbo

Hi DentalFloss glad to have you here! You are in the perfect place and we are happy to help you out with questions you have or advice you want. It is always so nice to see awesome moms, like yourself, who want to learn more about the LGBT community. There is a forum here called, "For parents and family members of LGBT people" and I think that is where you're going to want to hang out!

3. Dentalfloss

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Ha! Yes I found that sub group and they have helped a lot. I may come back here I may stick to that sub group. I don't know yet. It's all new and I'm just glad that we have someone who understands and if open to talking. That right there is a huge weight off my shoulders.

4. jadey95

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, welcome to EC. :grin: We will definitely help you ask questions and try to understand what is going on for your daughter. I would give it some time to see if you she would decide to come out on her own. She might be scared since coming out can be a scary experience, since you don't always know how someone is going to react. The best thing you can do is try and help her feel she can come out to you, without outright saying you say the messages, which may make her privacy feel invaded.

---------- Post added 31st Dec 2016 at 11:19 AM ----------

*saw the messages

5. Dentalfloss

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thank you. I will definitely use This sight.

6. jadey95

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No problem. She may still be figuring herself out anyways. Time is what will tell on this matter. I know you're probably really wanting to know, but she may not even know herself. :slight_smile: You sound like a good parent who is just wanting to be there for her.

7. tgboymom

Hi Dentalfloss! Welcome!!

I'm the mother of a transgender boy.

Hope to see you around the parents forum!

Lori