1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by changingmymajor, Jan 2, 2017.

1. changingmymajor

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi,
    My name is Kelly. I'm questioning my sexuality but I have a huge crush on a girl and since I've developed these feelings I've questioned my attraction levels to boys throughout my life. I'm 16 but I've always felt like a late bloomer and never understood when my friends would call a guy hot. I just didn't feel the same. I know I like this girl and I've always found girls more attractive than boys and have felt more comfortable around them. I'm just confused because I'm nervous around literally any boy I meet. I thought it was a sign of attraction but now I'm thinking it might be my upbringing that has trained me to make myself attractive to boys. I just feel so self-conscious around them. Anyway, I joined as a member so I could connect with like-minded people and receive and give any advice. I'm excited to finally explore my feelings and meet new people. If anyone has experienced a similar situation with the nervousness thing could you possibly give me any advice? Thanks! :icon_bigg

2. pj sparkles

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Kelly! I'm still figuring things out myself, but I can definitely relate to you, as a teenager and as an adult. I think attractive people can be intimidating in general! You may find a guy attractive, but not necessarily be attracted. I have definitely always gotten shy and nervous around cute guys, but it took some time to realize maybe the idea of having a boyfriend, or being around a cute guy, was a lot more exciting than actually being with one. And yes it could have a lot to do with upbringing, and what you've seen/been told is "the norm." This is just a teeny bit of my perspective! Welcome to EC

3. MulticoloredSox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Kelly :slight_smile:
    Welcome to EC! Unfortunately, I don't have any advice to give you on that topic, but you might be able to get some answers in the "sexual/romantic orientation" forum?

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello Kelly! Welcome to EC!:slight_smile:

A lot us of have had similar experiences to what you describe. When we grow up in a culture where we are expected to be straight, grow up and have a 'normal' heterosexual family, it can be hard to overcome those expectations when our bodies might be telling us that we are not, if fact, heterosexual. Your body knows what it is attracted to, so you'll have to overcome any mental blocks and try listening to your body.

If you have any specific questions/concerns/issues, you can create a thread in an appropriate forum here on EC and seek the input of the members.

Best of luck in your journey to self-understanding and acceptance of your sexuality!

5. SiKiHe

Welcome to EC! I don't have much advice to give about the nervousness unfortunately, but there are plenty of people here I'm sure have felt similarly. I know it's good to be asking questions though!

6. jadey95

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC :grin: I have been nervous around people, but I think it's a tad different than what you're describing. I agree that what you're describing may be due to your upbringing. Just taking the time to sort out your feelings should help.

7. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC~! ^.^