1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Member, still in the closet.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Winter Storm, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Winter Storm

I've known I liked girls since 10 or 12. It was around 12, I had my first girl kiss. I grew up in a very strict religion. I now know it for the high-control group (cult) that it is. I have only recently left it, just over a year now.

My sexuality was never a huge issue, I liked boys too. I got married and had kids. My husband knows I like women as well. But it wasn't until after my kids were born that I discovered asexuality. I'm also grey-ace. I've always been a bit confused about sexuality and others sex drives. Since sex before marriage was forbidden, it wasn't really something I thought of, but the truth is I have rarely been sexually attracted to anyone. I can think of two people I have been sexually attracted to amd to be honest, I'm not sure my husband is one of them.

Generally, I find myself romantically and/or asthetically attracted to people. People I know, friends usually. Looking into the details of orientation also leqd me to question my gender. As a kid I was tomboyish, never really comfortable being girly. But any kind of experimentation was frowned on. My step-dad freaked out once because I tucked my hair up under my hat as a kid.

I described myself as maybe genderfluid, to some friends recently, even though my expression has been largely female. I never truly feel completely male, but at times I do feel androgyne, other times i feel more agender and the rest of the time I guess demigirl, although I don't care for the girl part. Is demi-femme, a word?

I'm an introvert and have only a few friends, none of which live in the same town as me. I don't have any friends in the LGBT+ community yet.

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello Winter Storm! Welcome to EC!:slight_smile:

3. actualdust

Hey, welcome to EC! :slight_smile: