1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working it out honestly

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Smile44, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Smile44

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's easy for me to give advice but It is also easy for me to realize that I need to take my own advice too. With that said, I'm going to go to a gay/ lesbian bar this weekend and just hang out and talk to other women. Just be myself with no expectations but just to have pleasant conversations. This is hard for me because I am very religious. But I've always been the type of person to call out bullshit even when it came down to religion. I was even an atheist at one point but I'm not anymore. Life is basically a lot of different life experiences. You figure out along the way what works for you and what doesn't work for you. One thing I found out the hard way is when you don't live in your own personal truth then, eventually you backslide and end up heading right in the direction you was trying to avoid because it is natural to you and what is natural to you is what makes you happy. I'm way pass caring what others think of me. That will not make me happy. Today in my life I'm going to do exactly what I want and see what happens. I do feel convicted because I have a two year old that will be affected my my decision and I don't want to teach him wrong behavior. That is the bullshit the church program in your head, that having sexual desires for the same sex is a sin. I delete that though because to me it is more of a sin to deny a natural feeling in one's self. I didn't choose to have sexual attraction towards woman. It is just what naturally happens to me. So all in all I believe that God excepts me just the way I am. The sin to me is not excepting myself. So that is where I am. And I will write another post to describe my first visit to a gay/lesbian bar. Can anybody relate to the things I have mentioned. Thanks for your replies!!!!:eusa_clap

#1 Smile44, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2017
  2. actualdust

I believe God accepts you for who you are too! It's awesome that you're able to put your own happiness first and do what makes you happy. I hope you have fun this weekend and that everything goes well! Best wishes :slight_smile: