1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling confused...!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Justshort, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Justshort

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Hi all,
    I'm from UK and have been able to live a happy life until recently.
    I have become very confused by my sexuality. Growing up everyone expected me to say I was Gay. However I pushed those feelings aside and did the cliche right thing. The heterosexual relationship. I do love my man but more than ever I'm drawn to women, I've no idea if I'm gay or just curious, or even just crazy lol. It's not really the sort of thing you chat to your friends about and certainly not your man!
    I'm scared as my life is great my man is just so what you'd want from a man but this thing hangs over me.
    Has anyone ever felt like this?
    Is this something everyone feels at times, but does nothing about it and stays with the good life?
    So just need some good advice please.
    I'm sorry if this isn't a big problem to some but to me it's affecting my whole life!
    Thank you if you took the time to read this post.:confused::confused::confused:

2. Bluenote

Hi Justshort,
    Welcome! Yes, there are many of us like you. I have been able to live a happy life until recently as well. I have lived my life as a heterosexual and now, suddenly have overwhelming feelings for other women. And you're right, it's not something you chat to your friends about - and that is why this safe place is so important.

You are not alone - and there are lots of experiences to read about here where others have been where you are right now. I'm dealing with the same thing - what do I do about these feelings? And which way do I go from here? Hoping that this forum will help you think about which way you will go next.
    Take care!

3. Anonymous777

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a big problem for you, do don't try to minimise it.

Do we all go through this at some point? No, not exactly. At times straight people may experience a degree of admiration for someone of the same sex and a fleeting curiosity, but when all of those feelings develop into attraction and persistent thoughts of what it would be like to be intimate with the same sex, it's more serious and shouldn't be ignored.

Why do you think everyone expected you to be gay? How did you feel about that?

The situation you find yourself in is complicated and I'm sure it's troubling for you, but we can help. On this forum you will find people in a similar situation, or people who have been there and they will share the benefit of their experience with you. A good place to look is the Later in Life board, because so many members who post there have been (or are) married with kids.

Don't bottle it all up. You made a good start by joining, so carry on by joining in and let's see if you can find a way forward - with our support. :slight_smile:

5. Justshort

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thank you!
    Firstly I'm not girl like, I can be but not all the time. I played tough sports and was good at them. I can shoot better than most men, I am tough and do not show my feelings much.
    Because I like jeans and track suits growing up people always said I'd be gay.
    This was difficult for me as I didn't want to be what they were saying I was.
    So hence my life of denial.
    I hope to find who I am and what I need to be me.
    Thank you again