1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi all!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by JayDubyah, Mar 1, 2017.

1. JayDubyah

Hey folks!

Having read a post/thread from 2012 I found in a Google search, I just had to join EC!

I'm a 50-something married man, who as recently as last summer decided that there must be more to life and that I should not reach my deathbed and have regrets about not trying/doing some of the things that might have made me happier. I have always been attracted to guys, but have always suppressed it and done what I thought was expected of me by family/friends/society. But now, feeling increasingly mortal, lonely and alone, I made to leap to make friends, to face my demons and experiment sexually.

I've chatted with many on other sites who have similar feelings, experiences and stories, but I hope that here I might find support and stories on coming out (when and if I ever get that brave).

I look forward to chatting to you all!

JW :smilewave

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome. You made a good start by posting this thread and introducing yourself to us. Many members are in the same position as you... or we have been there. Some of our members are young and worry about coming out to parents, while others are older and have been married with kids (check out the Later in Life area). It's not an easy process for anyone, regardless of age and circumstances, but there is a lot of understanding, empathy and wisdom on this forum, so join in and tap into it, as and when you need.

Good to have you on board.