1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

55 and questioning

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Piston, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Piston

Hi,

Hello all. Just saw my hundredth therapist in my life and he flat out told me I was probably gay. Married and three young teenage daughters. Never have done anything with same sex. I could go on and on but I am at my wits end. Seriously depressed about this where I went to speak with a crisis counsellor today and sobbed away at my situation.

I live in a small town and he suggested I seek support but very little here. So here I am on this sight again. So confused and scared. Good family and really don't want to,wreck it. Would like some feedback from others going through this. I still can't picture myself as gay.

Thanks.

2. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there. I am sorry you're going through this and no doubt feeling alone. Can I ask why your latest therapist thinks you might be gay?

3. Immarried

Easy to relate to you Piston. I live in a small town..married...I don't think bi applies anymore to me. I feel any guy that says three words to me is a closet gay..and of course they aren't. I'm sure I will go insane!

4. Piston

Hi,

Never had a satisfying sexual experience with opposite sex. Therefore he feels I must be gay. Yes I do feel lonely.

5. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Feel free to talk to me whenever you want/need.

That's a tough one. I've not really had any satisfying sexual experiences with women, however I know I would never have sex with someone with male genitalia.

I think with me it's more to do with my own hangup and trust issues. Plus I would never have had the confidence to tell someone what I wanted/needed from them.

Do you feel attracted to men in any way?