1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Fulldarknostars, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Fulldarknostars

Hello!

So, I'm new here and I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 26 year old avid reader who's been questioning their gender identity (I'm AFAB) and sexuality for quite some time now. I feel like I should've figured it all out by now but I honestly don't know if the confusion will ever go away, which is discouraging. All I know is that I'm not straight and that I'm not cis. I'm open about my sexuality IRL (I haven't disclosed a specific label since I don't have one but people know that I'm open to and want to have girlfriend) but people don't know about the fact that I'm not cis. Honestly, I feel weird even writing that I'm not cis because I feel that it's all so complicated.

Anyway, I'm hoping that this place will help me figure things out and that I'll "meet" like-minded people here.

Hope you're all doing well. :slight_smile:

2. TrashyClassy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey! It's completely okay if you're still trying to figure things out. People come out in later life all the time :slight_smile: and I'm sure you'll find people like you here.

3. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, and welcome to EC. :slight_smile: Don't worry if you haven't figured it out yet, it took me until I was 24 to figure out who and what I was. It takes some people until they're 40 or 50 or even longer. You'll figure it out. Best of luck. :thumbsup:

#3 ThatBorussenGuy, Mar 11, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  4. shawnTN

Yes. Yes, it does. :icon_bigg

5. Fulldarknostars

Thanks you!

I really hope figuring out these things "later in life" won't be a problem. I often worry about my inexperience and worry that people will think I'm weird for not knowing exactly what I like yet. When I grew up I was taught that heterosexuality was the only right sexual orientation and in the religious environment I grew up in it was sort of frowned upon to even talk about sex and sexuality (except for the occasional "homosexuality is a sin" comments). I know this is not the case for many who grow up in a religious environment but I can't remember ever questioning my sexuality until a few years ago and I think that's probably due to the way I was brought up. I don't know, perhaps I'm just a "late bloomer".

Anyway, I'm here now and I know what I want (a girlfriend) even though I'm confused about labels and stuff. Hopefully talking to you people will help me a bit. It's nice to find people you can relate to. :slight_smile:

6. UrsulaJay

Hi I totally understand about growing up in a religious environment. It really feels good know that there are other people that are going on a similar journey. Welcome!