1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello New Friends :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by paper plane, Mar 14, 2017.

1. paper plane

Hi!

I stumbled across this website in a late night google search while in the throes of discouragement, loneliness, and confusion. I'm glad to have found a safe space where I can connect and not hide behind the kind of person I feel I need to be on any particular day or around any particular person.

Can't wait to dive right in and see what this place is all about!

2. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey paper plane. Welcome to EC! I've been a member for a week now and this place is amazing.

I am sorry to hear you feel lonely and confused. You will find friendship and support here.

3. paper plane

Thank you - feeling better already!

4. Moonsparkle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Paper Plane,

I am sure so many of us stumbled across this site while in the 'throes of discouragement loneliness and confusion'--I know I did. Then I lurked around for a while before actually gathering the courage to become a 'real' member a month or two ago and I am so glad you did.

You don't have to be anything but who you are on this site, you don't need to hide behind anything and can just be the real you! Though its only in a virtual way, you will find connecting with others facing the same issues and emotions helpful, I definitely have.

So absolutely dive right in and check things out! Welcome!

5. UrsulaJay

Hi Welcome! Lots of friendly folks here and very comfortable.

6. aveloveshugo

One of my friends had been trying to get me on here for a while now. He's played a big role in breaking me out of my shell so to speak. Cause I'm pretty shy. But apparently one of my friends thought I was gay, even before I came out to him as pan, I'm glad to be here. Everyone seems really nice

7. paper plane

I've wanted to become a member of a forum for so long, but was always so afraid of what others would think. Would I have anything to say? Will I sound stupid? Will anyone talk with me?

I finally decided to go against all those insecurities and find a place here, and I'm already so grateful! Even just a few responses in my first post is enough to make anyone feel welcome. Thank you :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 15th Mar 2017 at 09:48 PM ----------

Thanks so much!

---------- Post added 15th Mar 2017 at 09:51 PM ----------

I'm really shy too, so I can relate to that. It's great to have someone there to help push you along and get you outside of your comfort zone. I'm thrilled to hear you're glad to be here!

I can tell I will be, too :slight_smile: