1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey nerds!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by TrashAuthor, Mar 23, 2017.

1. TrashAuthor

Hello!

Just joined this site today but I wish I found it years ago

I'm currently in my last year of a degree in psychological science with two sub majors in Japanese and art.

I'm an aspiring artist and currently make a bit of money off it. I dabble in digital but my true love lies with traditional. My favourite mediums are ink and polymer clay. I also love to read and create my own comics.
    Please talk to me about anything nerdy or art related! I love manga, anime and Nintendo

I have a partner who is accepting of my sexuality, but I have yet to tell a single person about my gender. Sometimes I wish I could tell people, sometimes I want to take it to my grave.

2. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Science and art you say? I think we'll get along just fine...

I want to do full time digital when I'm older, but I'm incredibly awkward on most equipment and can't afford specialized, so I make do with traditional for now. Mostly coloured pencils and pens though I also like highlighters and markers on occasion. Clay is pretty neat too, being able to construct characters and monsters you've thought up in a more physical setting. Great choice in hobbies I'll say!

Anyways, welcome! Actually coming out can be quite a bumpy road as I'm sure you're aware, but taking it nice and slow seems to work better in general, the gradual approach yes? I'm not the most qualified to give such advice in most cases, but regardless I hope you find the sort you're searching for. :icon_wink

3. TrashAuthor

Digital does take a while to get used to! I've been trying for years but I think I'll always be better at traditional. Pens and markers are great fun! Can't say much about coloured pencils haha. I do like to make my own characters out of clay, its a great way to force yourself to imagine them from every angle
    Your avatar is super cute!

4. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think the trick with digital is coordination I lack, I have to be looking right on it when I draw it, and even drawing tablets you still have to focus on the screen you know? The ones with screens are apparently really expensive. The avatar here was a drawing I did in MS paint with my laptop touch pad though, the simpler things can work out at times!~

I kind of want to get more into clay but it seems to be hard to come by where I live, we had a shop a while back but it sort of closed down since people here generally aren't that into art. I should probably quiet down though, don't want to hijack your thread to talk about art mediums you know haha

5. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there. Welcome to EC!

It always great to meet a fellow nerd. You have my undying respect for ever for creating your own comics.

6. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi TrashAuthor! Welcome to EC!:slight_smile: