1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey everyone!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by ClaireHayward, Mar 26, 2017.

1. ClaireHayward

Hi there! So I googled forums supporting people in the closet. And here I am.

I have had gender confusion since around 11-12 but I could not process the information. This all fell away, not suppressed, as I got into later teens. I had no girlfriends just awkward mishaps of trying. Met my wife at 19 and fell in love. Two children and marriage later and I was on course to fulfil my life as a guy.

Then an event happened and the confusing feelings exploded out of me with more understanding and context with age. I explored online, using a female persona, crossdressed behind closed doors. Out to no one. My sexuality wasn't in question, just how I felt about my gender.

I purged after a few years but it came back in 2012. Purged again but with a new job I found friendship with a cis-female and by this time this was all building up. I spoke to my GP about an issue but she could tell there was more. I went back with a list. Including gender identity issues. She eventually got me an appointment to the GIC. But I was scared off and wanted counselling first. Their required blood tests showed I have very low T and mid range E and P. This may go to explain slightly why I can easily slip from one gender to another. My body is fairly andro. I came out to my cis friend who was very understanding but lost to how to help.

I came out to another cis female friend and both treat me as female. This second friend has been utterly amazing in helping. I am seeing a counsellor for two issues, one not related to identity, the other is. I presented to my counsellor as Claire last week - the first person to see me face to face (my friends have seen photos). As time has gone on, I am also confronting my sexuality - in that as someone who is both male and female at the moment, I'm trying to work out if I am attracted to both. As well as sexually attracted to women, I am also curious about the female body and how much mine is like it. And what would happen if I transitioned. With men it is more just physical attraction.

I am transgender but my circumstances mean I must remain as I am.

This is me, I am Claire.

2. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Claire. Welcome to EC.

The people here are friendly and supportive. There are others in similar situations to you whose experiences may help.

3. Justshort

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Hi Claire,
    This forum is amazing the people are kind and often very helpful.
    I can't say I know how you feel as I don't. But I can say I too am searching for something I do not where or how to find it.
    Good luck in your journey