1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just wanted to introduce myself

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by pockets, Mar 28, 2017.

1. pockets

Hey, everybody. I'd actually stumbled onto emptyclosets a few times before today when googling general questions and things but just never ended up sticking around long enough to make an account. Recently I've been going through a really, really difficult time and thought it might be helpful to join an online community like this.

So! You can call me pockets (I'm actually juggling a number of different names right now, so it's just easier on everybody to go by a username here). I'm 17, I live in London, and my passion is writing. I did some journalism stuff for a while and it didn't really stick, so for the most part I write (bad) poetry.

I started properly questioning my gender when I was around 12. I was sure I wasn't a girl but didn't understand the details of my gender identity, and so I had my friends refer to me with they/them pronouns for a couple years while I tried to figure things outs. I've been identifying as a trans boy for a little over two years now and use male pronouns.

Sorry this is so super long, I'm looking forward to getting familiar with these forums! :eusa_danc

2. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey pockets, welcome! I actually went through the same process as you when it came to figuring out my identity, just condensed time-wise. I hope you enjoy it here and you can always post on my wall if you need anything! <3

3. DarkWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there welcome to the comunity! Its nice to have here someone at my age (maybe there is more people but idk yet :wink: ) We have almost similar life stories, I even like writiting too lel, but poetry sucks if you ask me ;P Im glad you found it here. Im sure you ll like it here too :wink:

Btw I really respect you had the courage to change your looks. I didnt do it yet cause my class and family would kill me. Buuut thats not belong here. So welcome and enjoy your time here ^^

4. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey pockets. Welcome to EC! It's good that you decided to stay and become a member.

The people here are friendly and supportive. The site is a safe and accepting place to seek advice and explore who you are.

I write rhyming poetry with either rhyming couplets or alternate lines. I can't write poetry that doesn't rhyme. I know....i'm weird.

5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC, it's good to have you on board and I hope we can help you as you continue on your journey. Use the support forums as much as you need to and if you just want to chat there's a place for that too. If you need any help, just ask. :slight_smile:

6. pockets

Thank you!! :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 1st Apr 2017 at 07:23 AM ----------

Oh what kind of stuff do you write? I love making writer friends tbh, it's so motivating when people around you are writing as well. And I didn't actually change my appearance or anything, I've honestly unknowingly been presenting masculine pretty much my whole life. The only thing that's really changed is I bought a binder recently, but other than that I really haven't changed much so my family + most people have no idea. I hope you get to do what you need to! I know how difficult it can be to navigate the family thing :/

---------- Post added 1st Apr 2017 at 07:27 AM ----------

Thank you!! It seems like a really great place.
    And that's really cool! I like reading rhyming poetry a lot but I don't write it very much, most of my stuff is free verse. If you ever wanna share some of your writing I'd love to read it!

---------- Post added 1st Apr 2017 at 07:28 AM ----------

Thanks very much!!! :slight_smile:

7. DarkWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    pockets Well Im writing books. Mainly sci fi about my favourite characters. I love creating story lines, plots and etc. Well at least Im trying, Im always too lazy to complete it xD So you write free verse poetry? Some of these are actually vey interesting and good. Its nice how you can push storyline about something when you dont even have storyline. If you know what I mean xd.

Btw can you sent me link to that binder? Im looking for one myself so Im browsing everything now. Thx ^^

8. GGod

Hey Pockets! Writing is always fun. If you ever need someone to edit or even just proofread, I'd be happy to help! I write as well, mostly short stories and just ideas I'd have for movies or video games. Just for fun. Lol.

9. cherrie

Hello and welcome! From what I've seen there's a lot of helpful, understanding people on here. We'll help you best we can :grin:

#9 cherrie, Apr 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2017
  10. MaoKingofcats

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hiya welcome to EC! Yea this forum is full of kind and supportive people so feel free to talk about anything in the different categories to let your feelings unravel.