1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice needed

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Mel68, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Mel68

Hi. I'm a newbie. I am currently very confused and trying to figure everything out. I had been married for 16 years but never felt very happy. Got married because I was 30, wanted kids, and met a man whose lifestyle I thought was for me. Finally, after many years of unhappiness we have divorced. I find myself very attracted to other women. I notice things about different women and when I think about my future, I see myself with another woman. I can't stop thinking about it. Nervous about what to do next. Help please!

2. Moonsparkle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!
    Definitely check out the Later in Life section of these forums. In there you will find many of us women who are older, and have been or are married to men. And sharing with others who 'get it' can be helpful too. EC is a very non-judgmental and welcoming place!

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC. Questioning and everything being new can be scary but in a very simplistic way what you do next is up to you, now I realise thats not a particularly helpful comment. Everyones journey is different but lots of people also have similarities in their stories. You have accepted you are gay, dont underestimate what a massive step that is and how difficult some people find that.
    I noticed your profile says you are not out to anyone, I remember being there and that can be really tough. Have you thought about coming out? Do you have any LGBT friends?