1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, I'm New Here!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Mia C, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Mia C

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey everybody,
    gosh, this post feels like a huge step. I'm not even sure why.

I'm female, in my twenties and in a really happy long-term, hetero relationship. But lately I've been questioning everything.

Since I was really young I've had crushes on guys and girls - mainly guys, though. I used to chat with other girls about it and they all said, they'd experienced the same thing, so I just kept telling myself it was a 'phase'. Then I met this amazing guy and got together with him and have been for years now. I love him and he's a true 'partner' for me. I don't know what I would do without him.

Last year I had another one of my 'phases'. A crush on a girl, which was followed by another (massive) crush on another girl and at some point I just thought to myself, like - wait a minute. Your phases are getting a little frequent, don't you think? And then it hit me, just like that. And it hit me surprisingly hard.

I feel like, increasingly I've been actually noticing way more girls than guys and the most shocking thing is, that they seem to notice me as well. It's like I'm suddenly on their radar or something, does that make sense?

I know this doesn't really change anything. I'm in a happy relationship, with an amazing person, who I totally want to be with. There's no pressure to come out to anybody (as bi, I guess?). This realisation has just unexpectedly hit me really hard and it would be amazing to be able to chat with anyone about it.

Sorry, this got really long...

Hi everyone :slight_smile:

- M

2. Freax

Hey, I'm new here too, glad to meet you :3

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello Mia! Welcome to EC!:slight_smile:

Look around the threads in the various forums. It sounds like the threads of most interest to you right now would be in the Sexual and Romantic Orientation forum. When you're ready, maybe start a thread of your own to address you issues/concerns/questions.