1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A huge hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by proud lady, Apr 6, 2017.

1. proud lady

Hello,I am Shawna and I am a trans MTF.I have been transitioning for 7 months now,things have been good,devastating and bad.I was married before I transitioned,went through a tough divorce in August.Ex wife did not accept it at all after I came out to her about it.We have 2 kids,14 and 17 years old together whom I do have full custody of.They have been good about it knowing I am finally happy going through it.Have lost a few friends over it too.My family,it has been hard for them and slowly coming to terms with my transition.I knew there was something right in my childhood,felt I was really female and there were feelings I felt being born with the wrong body.My transition is going well on the estrogen,testosterone blockers including going through the hair removal process.I live and dress as female now.I do have a girlfriend in my life,Lisa whom has been a great support meeting her last month.

2. Silver Sparrow

Welcome to EC, Shawna!

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Shawna! Welcome to EC!:slight_smile:

That must be a huge challenge for you right now to try to just live your own life while transitioning and taking care of two teenagers, especially with only questioning support from your family.:frowning2:

You will find a lot of support here on EC!

4. proud lady

It has and luckily working things out at the moment with my family.I lived a rough life in the past,remember being teased and picked on a lot.My ex wife and I don't talk anymore,says she does not want me in her life anymore.Raising teenagers can be hard and one thing they don't understand no means no.Great thing is Lisa's family has accepted me in and they have been great to me.

5. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's wonderful, Shawna! Even with the very rough transition, you are getting by. Your teenagers have their own challenges to face, as you know full well.

If we can do anything to support you morally and emotionally, that's what we are about on this anonymous LGBTQ website!:slight_smile:

6. proud lady

My kids are adjusting very well to the changes,two sons.I am seeing a therapist whom did diagnose me with gender dysphoria,says I am doing better since starting the transition