1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Bosnia

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by brainteaser, Apr 8, 2017.

1. brainteaser

Hi, I`m very glad to be here. I`ve been trying for years to find some safe place where I could talk without fear about my deepest secret that I am carrying with me for good part of my life. And that secret is this: I`m male and gay (not 100% sure because I didn`t have any relationship with guy or girl yet, but let`s say 80% sure). In advance, I apologize for my bad English, since English is not my first language.

I come from Bosnia and Herzegovina (more commonly known as Bosnia), a small country in southeast Europe, on Balkan peninsula. I`m 30 years old, and I live with my parents and my sister in Tuzla, which is the city some 60 miles north of the capital city of Sarajevo.

Frankly, I came here, to this forum, in hope that I will meet new people, make some friends, that I`ll find some help and advice on how to accept my sexual orientation, how to come out to my parents and my sister, who don`t know about my orientation, although maybe they assume it. You know, I don`t really have anybody in my country that I can privately talk to about my problem that I mentioned before. I live in a very patriarchal and traditional, close-minded society, a society full of prejudices and lack of tolerance towards other people differences and preferences. I am already object of mockery to some of my collegues at work, just because I didn`t get married yet, and not to mention how they look at people that are not straight.

Sorry for long introduction, I hope it didn`t take too much time for you to read it, but I felt the need to share my life`s problem with you all.

Thank you in advance for your welcome.

2. BiBiBaybee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Welcome, brainteaser. You will find nice people here to meet and talk to, as well as many threads on how to accept who you are and how to manage coming out to family and friends.
    BTW, your English is great.

3. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi! Welcome from Great Britain :slight_smile:

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello brainteaser! Welcome to EC!:slight_smile:

5. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, and welcome to EC. :smilewave Don't worry about your English; if you hadn't said it wasn't your first language, I'd bet most people wouldn't have been able to tell. I hope you find what you're looking for here. :slight_smile: