1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by CoraFrost, Apr 12, 2017.

1. CoraFrost

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi! I'm Cora & obviously I'm new to E.C.

I barely know what to write here because this is all very new to me. I've know I've liked a wide variety of people for most of my life. However because I was only "read" as a straight female, I never had the opportunity to really explore the non-hetero side of my sexuality. Kinda difficult to do when no one ever asks you out. *lol* (Even being SUPER active in the LGBT community, I was just considered an all-star Ally and I didn't know how to be like "Um... no, actually...") And when I was younger, if I ever tried to identify or correct people, I was told that since I hadn't been with a female sexually or dated one, then I couldn't call myself Bi or Queer or anything else because I didn't really know. *sigh*

I realize now that was not accurate, but when you're young... well, I wish I knew then what I know now.

So anyway, now I'm in my mid-30's.
    And after being divorced twice (from men) and vowing to never EVER settle into anything every again...

I met someone.
    And she is incredible, and definitely someone I want to continue to get to know and spend time with.

The problem is that I find myself in my mid-30's -- and freakin' clueless *LOL* about so many little nuances. I am looking for a safe place to ask questions, and navigate these waters.

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello Cora! Welcome to EC!:slight_smile:

Congratulations on finding yourself!:thumbsup: It's never too late, as you'll see if you read through threads in the LGBT Later in Life forum.

Don't worry about not knowing a lot of the little things that come with direct experience. Just enjoy being who you really are and be open and honest with your partner. It will all come in time. You won't be judged for a lack of experience.

#2 Quantumreality, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  3. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there. :welcome: to EC.

The people here are friendly and supportive and it's a great place to discover who you are.

4. Desertcat

Howdy - sure seem to be a lot of new people joining I'm one