1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anxiety, Stress and Depression.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by dcout, Apr 22, 2017.

1. dcout

Hi All,

I apologise in advance as this may be a long post and would like to thank you for taking the time to read it. I was on this site several years ago but couldn't come to terms with who I was so stayed in denial and effectively turned off all emtoions.

For the past few years I've been switched off emotionally to the world around me and have found it difficult to hold conversations that require emotions. This has distanced me from some people because I don't come across as being empathic to their situation. Both my parents have been unwell recently and it doesn't seem to affect me, or it does and I've just blocked it out without realising.

Getting to the point, Recently (within the past few months) I have been unwell myself with severe chest pains, heart palpitations, light headiness and generally very tired. On two occasions I have been taken to hospital with severe chest pains and on both occasions the doctors have informed me that all blood tests, x-rays and ECG's are clear. At neither time did the doctor talk to me about stress or depress but after doing some research online I'm start to think the two may be related. My question is, has anyone else been in this situation or had similar experience. The pain can come and go and sometimes wakes me up in the middle of the night.

Over the past 5 years I have distanced mself (not on purpose) from friends and family as I've found it so difficult to hold a conversation as the adult world revolves talking about relationships and your social life.

My main concern are the health implications and whether these could become worse. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

dc

2. grass

grass Guest

I don't know much about these things, but seeing a therapist could give you some answers. Welcome to EC, by the way. <3