1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting over

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by lostandadrift, Apr 22, 2017.

1. lostandadrift

Hello all, I just recently started getting over a 20 year depression, and now I am trying to start over. During those years, I was pretty much shut down, I had no urge to date, go out and have fun, have sex, etc. Now that I am starting to "wake up", I just keep finding it more and more frustrating that everything has moved on without me, but I digress. I have been trying to turn things around lately, and I figure the best way to start over is to figure out about myself first. I am hoping that this site will help. My main problem right now is, I have no idea where to start on figuring out my sexuality. I always thought that I was ace, but I'm not sure if that is going to change or not. It seems like everytime I try to figure this out I get about 10,000 things running through my head and I can't think :bang:

#1 lostandadrift, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2017
  2. Chronos

Chronos Guest

Good for you! Fighting depression is hard, and I'm glad your starting to get over it. If you ever need to talk about something, me and the rest of the EC community will be here for you!

I support yooooooou!

3. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there. :welcome: to EC.

The people here are friendly and supportive and it's a great place to discover who you are in a safe and accepting environment.

4. lostandadrift

Thanks, I think the depression is pretty much under control now. Its the fact that I still don't know who I am that drives me insane.

5. Chronos

Chronos Guest

Finding out who you are, what you want, and what makes you happy is the first step to living a happy life :slight_smile:

6. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm impressed. I'm still in the grips of my depression. The lovely people I've met here are helping. But I know I've gotta figure out my first step.

7. lostandadrift

Overcoming depression takes time. It finally peaked with me at a ZZ Top concert in Las Vegas. There in the middle of one of their songs, I had a full breakdown. That was the best thing that could have happened. After that my life really started to change, or fall together.

8. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow! Not sure I could handle that. But I definitely need a catalyst of some kind