1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by kscurious, Apr 25, 2017.

1. kscurious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello everyone I'm kscurious on EC but you can call me Daniel. I just recently came out a few weeks ago and things didn't go well with mom and dad. Life isn't all rainbows and ponies ha ha. Anyways, I'm just looking to get advice on where to go in chicago and the surrounding areas that are LGBT friendly for starters. I recently moved here from Minnesota, so I'm fairly new lol. Came from a small town called Powderhorn, where being gay was NOT THE NORM AT ALL. I was very alone. My two best friends supported me entirely when I came out (they kinda knew, but would never tell me "when" they knew or how they found out) I had gone to Mall Of America where i met this cute boy named Troy. He was gorgeous but it was just a passing by while I bought another pair of jeans and a hat. I always feel awkward just talking to people, I'm a pretty heavy introvert, not sure if me being in the closet for so long caused that or what have you. By the way Powderhorn is very poverty stricken, so there's nothing to see there except waste and a few stray dogs and cats here and there. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Love,

Daniel

2. Chronos

Chronos Guest

Welcome to EC! Glad to know someone from around my area, don't get used to the nice weather we're having though :grin:

I hope you make some friends and find some support here on EC! Feel free to send me a friend request cuz I'm fairly new here as well.

3. kscurious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yay friends!

4. Chronos

Chronos Guest

Friends! :eusa_clap

5. kscurious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How do I friend request you?

6. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Daniel! Welcome to EC!:slight_smile:

You definitely have friends here! This is a safe space for you with a whole lot of people that understand where you are coming from and who accept you for who you are.

If you care to tell your story, please do so in the Coming Out Stories sub-forum.

If you have questions/concerns/issues you'd like us to address here on EC, please find the appropriate forum and start a thread with your background and questions.

7. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Daniel. I'm Cam. :welcome: to EC.

The people here are friendly and supportive and it's a great place to talk to people from the whole rainbow spectrum.

I'm sorry to hear things didn't go so well with your mom and dad.