1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hoi!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by HeHimHarrison, May 4, 2017.

1. HeHimHarrison

Hey, so I'm new and I thought I'd do one of these! My name's Harrison and I'm FTM. I started questioning really early in life, around nine or ten years old, but I misconstrued my feelings as "Butch Lesbian Juju" although I was neither a lesbian nor especially masculine in any shape or form. Around the hallway mark of freshman year I flipped from butch lesbian to campy gay dude and everyone was like :confused: . I'm pre t, planning to get on testosterone once I'm out ~full time~. Good news is that I already have a gender therapist and I'm well on my way to stabbing my thigh with a long needle every week for the rest of my life!:eusa_clap I definitely need advice coming out to trans-phobic people like my grandparents TW: Sob story.

My grandparents are the amped-up version of everyone's judgy aunt. You know, the one who nitpicks you for EVERYTHING. You tell them you're full, they tell you you're skinny, eat more. You've finished the plate. Now you're a fat pig. They gave my aunt an eating disorder and now she's addicted to fitness and my mom is permanently scarred. My aunt is gay and they nearly disowned her, they don't even acknowledge her wife. My mom is pansexual but doesn't want to come out to them, because they see her as less than her sister and she could be disowned. Yes, at 47. They give us financial support and without them we wouldn't have a home...so you can see why I'm in a strange situation. I want to transition, but if they notice my low voice or someone tells them, it could be the proverbial straw that breaks the camel's back. They've called my community the trannies, the gays, the dykes, the queers. It's frustrating because everyone else in my life is amazing about it. I wish I could socially transition and take hormones without them knowing, but I'm going to have to rip off that bandage eventually. Even if it means me and my mom will have to find a studio apartment, it'll be better. :thumbsup:

TL;DR: coming out to my grandparents is going to be a clusterfuck of problems inside a dumpster fire hurling through a virtual shitstorm. Fun! (!)(!)(!)

Anyway, that's my issues! :eusa_danc Thanks for reading about my problems. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. How are you all today?

EDIT: I just reread this and the level of passive aggressiveness and sarcasm oml

#1 HeHimHarrison, May 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Harrison. I'm Cam. Welcome to EC.

The people here are friendly and supportive and it's a great place to talk to people from the whole rainbow spectrum.

Damn! I'm sorry your grandparents are so rainbowphobic. It's awful that they don't acknowledge your aunts wife and that you and your mom are scared to be open as they have a financial hold over you.

3. ForeverRainbow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Harrison, I'm Nat. :smilewave
    Glad you decided to join EC. All of us here are supportive, and we can all help with whatever problems you have.
    Your situation sounds sad. I'm sorry that you have to listen to your grandparents spout that offensive stuff. It's harder because there's so much pressure on you to hold everything up, if you will. Just know that there is always help for you here, no matter what. :slight_smile:
    Enjoy your time here.
    All the best,
    Nat.

4. Brigianna

Hiya! Welcome

It's great a place to be (&&&)

5. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC, Harrison. :wave:

6. MaoKingofcats

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heyo Harrison I'm Destiny but you can call me that or Mao ^^ Also I'm really sorry to hear that's how your grandparents are. ;; I'm similar as you as I don't know how my grandma is about LGBT+ folks >3> All I can say is I wish you luck ovo