1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introducing myself-zumbaqueen

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by zumbaqueen, May 11, 2017.

1. zumbaqueen

I am a lesbian in my 40's who chose the traditional route in my small town and married a man and had a child with him. She is now a teenager and I am accepting who I am and have always been. I am currently in therapy and I have not told my husband yet. I have a close female friend who I finally told about my sexuality and she has been very supportive in me discovering my true self. I really am just looking for others to talk to that have a similar situation as me. I have felt very alone my entire life and as I start my journey I wanted to have the support of others like me. I'm not sure what my future holds, I would like to date women eventually but I also know that I have to tell my husband "my secret" first.

2. BiGuy365

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Welcome! I am in my 40s also.

3. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there. I'm Cam. Welcome to EC.

The people here are friendly and supportive and it's a great place to talk to people from the whole rainbow spectrum.

There are many members who have been/are in a similar situation as you. Have a read through some of the later in life threads. That may be a good starting point.

4. Brigianna

Welcome! :smilewave

I'm in 40ties too :slight_smile:

5. butchmyhair4luv

welcome to the site I have been there and done that I just turned 45 on the 4th of May and I did have a relationship with my best friend that I grew up with and it all started with her giving me a major haircut that got me out of the closet and from there we developed a relationship. I had stayed with her for about 7 years and we broke up. Now I am looking to start a new. Woule love to talk to you and become friends.:smilewave:kiss:

6. butchmyhair4luv

welcome to the site you and I have alot in common

7. Peterpangirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, Zumbaqueen, I'm in my forties, married with children also.

8. butchmyhair4luv

it is not easy to tell you r husband but when the time is right you will have to tell him to be you. He may accept it or not. mine did not take it well but time did heal. would love to chat with you.:smilewave:kiss:

---------- Post added 17th May 2017 at 05:46 AM ----------

My best friend brought me out of the closet and it all started with a major haircut. She had liked me more into a masculine style so she cut my hair from my hips all the way to my collar then trimmed it down to a very short pixie. That helped me to identify myself and we had started a relationship. LOL mind you she was my maid of honor and we were both married to men. Sadly we parted ways after living together 7 years.

9. elyssian

Hey! Im Lauren, welcome to EC.