1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Partner has guardianship of nephews

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Feelingdown1101, May 15, 2017.

1. Feelingdown1101

Hi there not sure where to start but hoping there is someone out there that can help. My partner and I have been together 10 years and took on guardianship of her nephew when he was a baby we did this jointly. It took some getting used to but love this child like my own children that I have 5 of one with autism they are all teenagers young adults now. Anyway her other nephew from another sister was placed with her under a guardianship a year ago he is 7 I fully supported my partner in doing this I went part time to help with looking after younger one because of meetings and things and I spend half my time at my partners house to help out as the 7 year old has attachment problems and can display lots of behaviour issues. Anyway the problem is is that I feel that my partner takes the everyday stress of the situation out on me we have had problems in the past as she grew up in care etc but we got through that. I try to understand by being there reassuring etc but feel that when an issue arises in her family and she gets stressed or problems with kids she forgets that I'm a person too that struggles with what's happened etc to the point I feel I'm just there because needed now rather than in a relationship we can't do anything on our own anymore i.e. Go out to dinner because we can't leave the 2 children together as the older one bullies the younger one etc and swears and kicks off. I try and find the right banlance but when her sisters need help etc she's there to help them but then takes it out on me rather than have it out with them so feel like I'm kind of a punch bag for emotions. I doubt anyone here is in the same position but thought I'd give it a go thanks in adbamce