1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Final Hoo-Rah!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by elijah91, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elijah91

elijah91 Guest

To Whomever Is May Concern,​
    Hello EC. My name is Elijah, and I just wanted to say that ever somce I was introduced to this site via a friend on WEbook.com, it has changed my life dramaticly. I have been introduced to a variety of personalities and lifestyles that have had a drastic effect on me in every good way possible. I have made a family of my own, I met greqat people and I've had the pleasure to experience what it felt like to actually be accepted amoungst a group of akin to myself. Before I was introduced to this site, (although I was smiling in the real world) I was a closed shell depressed individual. I would gladly helpo people with their issues and help keep them stable and everthing that, for a lack of words, was a psycologists job. Not that I didn't mind it, because I truly didn't it was a way for me to sorta overlook my fustrations and in a way run from my problems. But when I was told to "give this site a try" I was opened to a whole neew world that was standing right beneath my nose. I was shown that there are those whom I can associate with and theyt would understand. Here at EC I could be an individual and be unique, knowing that there are people here who are similar to my uniquness. At EC I could bring a bit of my sassyness and style, but at the same time, I would be exposed to new traits that I thought would benifit me in my upbringing and coming out into the world.​

To be completely honest, everyone here, weather it be through their own story that they posted, or through a wall post or a reply to one of my thread; everyone has touched me in some way, shape, or form. You truly are my family and I couldn't have asked for a better one.​

Biisme, for all your p.m.'s of inspiration and pushing me forward and keeping me sane and together, I really truly thank you for that. You were the driving force that kept me coming back and making friends here. Antonio252, for just posting things and being there, you were a great friend and just having you available, even thoug we never really talked, has been a blessing. BeautifulStranger, BlakeHarmony, Brija, Courtneyyy, DAMONdisaster, DayByDay, Drizzt DoUrden, DyingForever, evildoctorcow, EM68, Filip, Fiorino, firecausesburns, Gin Uh Fur, Grof142007,Jennn, kosmik44, Lexington, littledinosaurs, Lychee, Mickey, Midnight Angel, moonlight, musicgirl112233, niex, pirateninja, RaRa, redsapphire, Rosina Chicita, SamAlex728, VanceA, Vic, xequar, thank you for all your posts and inspirations.​

Derek the Wolf, you were my first and honest critic. You got me to see a lot of things about my writing and who I am and what I stand for when I talk to people. You were the one who said that you didn't like my writing (and to be perfectly honest, you were the 1st person to ever say that to me and at first I was upset, and then I started to actually re-read my material and think about the messages that I was sending off to people who actually read my stories and poems.) and for that I owe you a lifetime of gratitude.​

JustAdam, you were the first person to ever speack so highly of me in such a romatic way, but knew next to nothing about me. You were able to read through my problems and turmoil and distress to bring out the best in me. To you,the only man (and I don't use the term "man" loosely) I've ever wanted to fall in love with and damn near came close to it. I owe you my heart and it will always be with you. I truly do love you Adam and I wish I had more time to get to know you the way I wanted.:kiss:

There once was a time, among the summers air.
    When life was simple bliss without a care,
    Fields and friends and as endless as stars above,
    Word waterfalls of cascading love.

But where did I go wrong?
    When did the light fade? And for how long
    Did I lose sight of the things precious to my soul?
    My life becoming a salad tossed in a bowl.

Unspeakable torture behind the smile,
    Damage to the soul hidden by guile
    When will the truth shatter through the broken
    Remnants of my turmoil

Will I ever be whole again?
    Can I ever savor the aroma of happiness in my life?
    Or is this aspiration a measly, distorted agony?
    How long must I endure

How long will the liquid in which I drench my sorrows
    Be an escape from reality?
    Will the scattered, jagged edges of the one they love return?
    Or shall he scurry to the next fleeting sign of complacency

I am not certain as to what the future holds
    Or how long I can continue to miss the target
    Neither shall the hour the overdose takes its toll
    But I know I will never be, nor could hope to be

Free.
    I gave up…
    I failed…
    …Goodbye…

2. Elven

Hi Elijah, i'm speechless after that... speech, and the poem was beautiful, they were both very touching and I hope everyone gets to see their comment :slight_smile: (*hug*) Your not leaving are you, sorry sometimes I interprit poems wrong :icon_redf But if you are then thats your choice :slight_smile: but Empty Closets will have lost a great member though:frowning2:

#2 Elven, May 8, 2009
    Last edited: May 8, 2009
  3. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That poem is extremely unsettling. And I hope I'm interpreting it wrong... :eek:

I'm a bit at a loss of words after reading this, really. Please do come back!

4. Just Adam

El

i dont like the way that poem ended man:frowning2: what you said was amaizing and means alot, we dont want you to leave but if you do need time away to think things through i understand these things can come at you a bit fast. just take care and come back any time x

5. Lychee

I am rather confused by this.
    Your words are beautiful, but the message I got from the poem wasn't a very good one and I hope I misinterpreted it :\

6. elijah91

elijah91 Guest

Nnone of you read anything wrong. Friday was supposed to be my last day but unfortunately my mother picked me up right after school. But today is the final day. I just wanted to thank you for being there in my time of need. Goodbye EC

7. EM68

Why are you planning to leave EC? Are you alright? If you need to talk you can talk to me or anyone else on EC.

8. Eleanor Rigby

Elijah, I'm not sure about what I understand, and I really really hope I understand it the wrong way. Please, take care of yourself would you.
    I really hope to talk to you soon.
    (*hug*)(*hug*) Eleanor

9. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Elijah, what's happening? Are you leaving EC, leaving home, hurting yourself? Please stay strong, please take care of yourself (*hug*)

10. Eleanor Rigby

Elijah I am completly freaked out about what you personal page looks like.
    Please, please, don't do anything to hurt yourself.

11. Stuie

Elijah, I think everyone you've listed and many, many more people on this forum are willing to listen to you and help you with any problems you have. Would I be misunderstood if I read this as a suicide note? :frowning2: I'm really worried about you. (*hug*)

12. elijah91

elijah91 Guest

I thank you all for your concern. But, for a lack of words, this was truly ment to inform you all that I won't be signing on after today. I can't guarentee what I will do after that but all I am sure of is that this is my final day and that's all. I thank you for your concern, but please don't make this harder for me. Ok. That last thing I want is for people to worry about me.

13. TriBi

^ But obviously, people ARE worrying about you.

It may be that you are just intending to leave EC because you are having second thoughts (trying to live up to other people's expectations?) about your sexuality...

Or that you really feel that EC can't offer you any relevant help...

However - the impression you are giving the members here is that 'the end that is nigh' is more dramatic. If that is not the case - it would help if you would set our minds at rest.

If that IS the case - please PLEASE seek help - or let us try to help....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.