1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When I get my period, my pubes tell me I have no gaydar.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by LornTehViking, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LornTehViking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is my 1000th post, and I'm using it to tell you that I'm leaving.
    When I was at about 660 posts, I was thinking that I wanted to leave EC for good. But I decided that I was going to get up to 1000 posts and if I didn't like the forum better, I would leave then, and that's what's happening.

Before I start, I just want to ask that this stays up for 24 hours. I know it's hard to hear about your flaws, dear EC, but I just want to give people the chance to read it.

I'd like to now discuss why I am leaving, and specific people, things, and whatever.

I don't think that on the internet, I should have to censor what I say, and on EC I've found that I have to do that. I don't have the ability to speak about my opinions because someone will take them the wrong way and explode all over the forum, tell the mods, and the thread will get locked and deleted. I've seen that happen to threads that I actually wanted to read over, and now I can't. Seeing Wander get banned was kind of another thing that made me want to leave (that was yesterday). I know that he was really opinionated and he probably stirred up more trouble than was necessary, but that's not a reason to ban him indefinitely.

Now don't get me wrong, EC is a great site. It's an amazing site for support, yes. But I came here to talk to people. To meet people. To socialize on the interwebs. I don't need support, honestly, and I've always been pretty sure of myself. I think I've milked EC for all it's worth in my time here, and recently I've just been milling about hoping to find something interesting.

I think that having all these reasons to ban people is a bad thing. Also, while I congratulate Paul and others for keeping up with a very nice site, I want to add that I don't think they should be so distant. I would have liked to see Paul or Martin in the forums a lot more, instead of just hearing about them banning people or locking threads.

Another good thing about EC is the people. I love about 20% of you. That seems like a low number, but it's not. The people I've become friends with are why I've been coming back these past few months. But now that Derek is no longer a mod, Wander's gone, and a lot of my other friends are gone, it's not worth it for me to be here.

I'm going to be on til about 1AM (central time) off and on so feel free to PM me and I'll let you know where you can contact me outside of EC because I would like to stay in touch with a lot of you.

For EC's future, I hope that as a forum, it can be a more accepting place. I know that it's all about acceptance and all, but I think that other people's opinions need to be taken into account a lot more often. You need to hear people out before you can say "well he's insulting me" or "she's attacking me" or "they're hating on me!" I want to see it as an open forum where people can come to discuss their thoughts, their views, and their opinions on things, even if they're controversial.

Also, all the threads are now about periods, pubes, or gaydar.
    Think of something new, people.

Final words:
    Find me somewhere other than EC.
    and...
    POON.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.