1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi there!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by jjc11293, Jul 9, 2009.

1. jjc11293

jjc11293 Guest

Heya :slight_smile: I'm jjc11293, aka Julio... Hispanic, 16, and living in a quiet suburb in northeastern NJ. :grin:

I'm quite sure at this point that I'm attracted the people of the same sex... I haven't experimented too much though so perhaps I may additionally be attracted to women... but I know for sure that I'm attracted to men. I don't know when I came to figure that out and acknowledge it as fact... might've been three years ago or so. Maybe even sooner. :shrug:

Being gay is... well, kind of difficult for me. I don't know how, when, where, to whom, or even if I'm going to come out. I guess it's a bit easier for me to hide it around other people since I'm masculine/butch by nature... but someone's bound to ask me sooner or later, and when they do I don't know what I'll say. I definitely don't plan on living a lie, but I'm finding it nearly impossible to even dream about coming out. I guess that's what I'm here for... :grin:

I'm not in touch at all with gay culture or anything... I'm a gay teen living a straight life (at least openly - no one knows what goes on in my laptop after the rest of the house is asleep :wink: :grin:)... I find that I have an attraction to overweight and obese men (the "chubby fetish"), but I am also attracted to... regular-sized people. :grin:

Personal hobbies... well, I love music, mostly pop, indie, acoustic, music with a good hook, music with a piano or guitar, European stuff, ballads... I'm a HUGE gamer nerd... :grin: ...I like reading, I like writing... I'm not much of an athlete but I do love tennis... :slight_smile: ...oh and I'm a BIG Major League Baseball fan, I follow it religiously and I wholeheartedly root for the New York Yankees. :thumbsup:

Well... I guess that's all... for now... :slight_smile: ...this is my first real experience connecting and communicating with other gays, so I'm both excited and skeptical... but I think I'm going to get a lot out of this in the long run, for sure... :slight_smile:

2. Jim1454

Hi there Julio! Welcome to EC from Jim in Toronto! (Home of The 'Jays'!)

I'm sure you'll find this forum to be really helpful in you getting more comfortable with yourself and the thought of eventually coming out. I know it's tough to envision at first, and that's quite normal. Don't worry about it. Just hang out here with us, and you'll be amazed at how your attitude and outlook can change.

I'm glad you found this site. Enjoy!

3. jjc11293

jjc11293 Guest

Hey Jim... thank you for welcoming me... :slight_smile: I sure hope you're right!

4. moirai

Hey Julio!
    Welcome to EC! I hope you find some great people to talk to and help you out!
    -Katelyn

5. InaRut

the awesome thing about this site is that everyday you'll get the chance to read stories about people coming out from all over the globe.

All you can do is keep posting, make some friends, hear some stories and hopefully you'll find that confidence to start coming out. I'm a good example of this.

6. Shevanel

Hi Julio! Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

7. Eponine

Hello there! Welcome to EC! :grin:

8. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Julio and welcome to EC! :smilewave

9. littledinosaurs

Hey Julio!!
    I hope you get all you need outta ec!!

it's cool to hear you like Indie music, which artists?

10. erod123

hey julio were alike in some ways i told my friends but dont think i can tell my family yet anyway welcome to ec hope you find what your lookin for

11. Lychee

Hi Julio,
    Welcome to EC :slight_smile:

12. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey Julio and welcome to EC, it's great you could join us! :slight_smile: You'll get on well here, there's lots of gamers and budding-authors.

Hope you have lots of fun with us!

13. mattypants

welcome to ec julio !

14. jjc11293

jjc11293 Guest

Hey guys... :slight_smile: ...Nice to meet you all and thanks for the welcomes... :slight_smile:

15. XXX Lou XXX

Hey Julio! Welcome to EC! :grin:

16. jjc11293

jjc11293 Guest

Hmm, lots and lots... :grin:

Nerina Pallot
    Brooke Waggoner
    Regina Spektor
    She & Him
    Chairlift
    Cloud Cult
    Passion Pit
    The Bird and the Bee
    Miike Snow
    Lady Hawke
    A Fine Frenzy

Those are just the ones off the top of my head that I've been listening to recently... :grin:

17. jjc11293

jjc11293 Guest

Hey, nice to meet you Lou, thanks :slight_smile:

18. Thisisnew

Hey welcome to EC :slight_smile: oh and go Yankees haha

19. Mickey

Welcome to EC,from ( gasp!) a RED SOX fan! (Both our teams,tied for first,uhoh!)
    Anyway, this is a great site,whether you want to get/give advice,rant,laugh,etc.
    But the best part? You can be yourself! (and WE accept you,just like you are!)

20. jjc11293

jjc11293 Guest

Thank you, and yes! :grin:

Thanks for the warm welcome, Mickey! :slight_smile: Hmm, yes, this will be an interesting race... I doubt we'll be in first much longer... we're in Anaheim next :frowning2: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: