1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

note of thanks

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by careandrespect, Jul 18, 2007.

1. careandrespect

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would like to thank all of you for the note of welcome and encouragement. It is most appreciated and I am most greatful for having found this site. Yes it is true, twenty-three years in the closet has been a long time. I know that I stuggle with the issue of same sex attraction, but the difficulty is accepting it and learning to live with it. For there is a great deal of embarassment, doubt and shame. Most of this comes from not being sure of what the members of my family would think if I were to tell them. I guess that the most important thing is I need to find a way to "come out" to myself or in other terms accept myself for who I am before I can discuss this issue with someone that I trust.

Well, I'll stop here for now because I don't want to bore any of you with my story.

Again, thank you for being so open and accepting - I believe that this is a place where I will be able to share as well as help others.

Respectfully,
    careandrespect

2. CrimsonThunder

Thanks alot careandrespect, you're definately welcome to the community.

3. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Welcome to EC. You will enjoy your time here I am sure. Lots of great people. Take your time and review the various posts and ask any questions you may have. Good luck in your quest and best wishes.

4. Kimi

Aww, you're very welcome:icon_wink

I think you are on good track then!! This place meant to be help people like you and support, encourage and share:thumbsup: There are many people who is struggling with their sexuality and this place is where you can figure out thing!!!!

Thanks for joining us:slight_smile:

5. SadConfusedBandGeek

Hi,
    Yes a VERY long time, and hopefully you will be coming to the end of that period in your life and move on to a happier less confusing time:slight_smile:

And dont worry
    You will not have to be embarassed on be ashamed of yourself here!! We are very open and we want to help you!!

So again welcome to EC and i hope you enjoy yourself!(!)

6. Steam Giant

You are very welcome!

You're right in assuming that you need to believe it yourself before you can come out, but be careful of how long you wait for this to happen. You will not have a concrete "I am gay" moment, when a lot of people come out there's still a bit of doubt left, but the beautiful part is that coming out is kind of a solidifying thing for us. Your certainty will shoot through the roof after you tell someone ^^

7. Sam

Sam

Welcome to EC! and your welcome. we are all here to help you with anything you need help with. I'm sure you will enjoy this site.