1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leaving for awhile (About a week ~ forever or so)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Greggers, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Greggers

(long thread, maybe its the wrong section too....oh well)

Hey guys, i think im going to say my goodbyes now. I may only be gone for a week, a month, or i might not come back at all :frowning2: Its been great making new friends and finding things about myself on EC, but all good things must come to an end. This site is what got me out of the closet and stopped me from committing suicide, so for that i owe it my life. I tried staying around longer than i was going to so i could give advice and help others, but for many reasons this is not working out.

My main reason is this:

I am stuck on 5. I finally know why i cant move on too. Its because, and im sorry to say it, im still on EC. Until i leave behind my little "gay getaway" ill never be able to fully join "the human community". EC for me is separating my life into "the gay community" (this site) and "the straight community" (my real life). Thats toxic though, because im no different than anyone else out there. We are all human.

Sure, im not going to lie, there are other reasons im leaving. For one, all the friends i liked being in chat with are either banned from EC (ironicly alot of them) or are on my facebook so i wont miss them. Another reason is the site is not really like a "family" anymore for me. Its a coming out forum, and thats what it does best. It helps people accept themselves and come out. Once your past that you cant do alot on the forums but help. I have no problem with this, because this site saves lives and thats important and needed. I wish the site the best of luck. Finally, a few people on this site give me severe anger/depression attacks, i do NOT need in my life right now. I know every site is going to have its assholes, but i doubt any could affect me as bad. I will definitely not miss these people...

Ok, so if you dont have me on facebook and we talk alot and you want to keep in touch, just send me a PM and we can keep contact. I am looking forward to talking to alot of you on facebook now since ill be on that more :slight_smile:

Before i hit 'submit' i just wanted to take the time to thank some people:

Amy.

You are worth a world of demons. You are my angel (*hug*) Thank you for everything you have done for me and all the good times. You spammed my wall when someone wrote something offensive so i didnt have to see it. You texted me when i was sad or angry. You geeked out torchwood style with me. I just could never live without you :slight_smile: We will talk alot more, so i dunno why im writing you this, but i luffs ya.

Maddy.

Thank you for all the good advice and good times in chat. You definitly were one of the people who made me feel the most like i belonged. I will miss your funy avatars and witty humor :slight_smile: I wont miss your self-loathing however :wink: How one girl can be so beautiful and yet think she is so ugly will always be a mystery to me. You are a god-send. I know you will go on to affect many lives with your amazing ways.

Miles.

I think you have changed my view of the world the most out of anyone. I was very sheltered before i came to EC and you were the first person i met who was transgendered. From the moment we started talking, i totally understood you though. You are more man than me and i was born with a peepee stick :wink: Thank you for all the compliments and wise words you shared with me.

Eleanor.

Thank you for being more of a mother to me than my actual one. (*hug*)(*hug*) You are the most kind soul on earth. I love you so much and one day i swear i will visit you. You do such good work on this site, and i thank you for that. I see all the people you affect and it blows me away. Thank you for the video and recording and all the hug smiles (*hug*) cause every single one made me feel warm and fuzzy inside!

"So the "thumpa thumpa" continues. It always will. No matter what happens. No matter who's president. As our lady of Disco, the divine Miss Gloria Gaynor has always sung to us: We will survive."

2. Lychee

Greg! (*hug*)
    I am going to miss you so much.
    You give the greatest advice and you're such a loving person <3
    I hope that you find success in all areas of your life
    Xx

3. twixy30

sorry to hear you are leaving. i hope and pray that you will find out what ever you need and know that you will be missed greatly. take care of yourself. Be happy in all you do.

4. olides84

Greg, I entirely understand your reasons for leaving. But, please consider logging in from time to time to give advice and support. Because in my opinion, you are AMAZING at it. I think everyone who is really active at EC tends to feel over time that the 'family' that they knew tends to fade away. But I truly hope you find some time to contribute to what EC is really here for, and that is for support of others, even if it's no longer really needed for yourself.

5. Shevanel

I'll miss you too Greg, and I'm like super sad to see you go :frowning2: But if you must, you must... I hope you figure out how to get past that last step (I never understood that anyway) and that things will be alright for you in the future. Please do try and drop in from time to time (*hug*)

6. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Good luck in everything you do Greg, I'll be keeping tabs on you via Twitter and Facebook :slight_smile:

You have always stuck me as brilliant person and you have certainly helped many on this site with your advice. See you around mate, take care.

I read this somewhere a month or so ago: Aim for the moon, because even if you miss, you'll end up among stars. Although not astronomically correct, you get the idea :wink:

xxxx

7. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aww, Greg :frowning2: EC's never going to be the same without you and I'm really going to miss seeing you around the place. Thank you for everything (*hug*) And know that I'm not going to let you get away from me that easily - Facebook ahoy!

8. EM68

Good luck Greg! Whatever you do you will do well. Don't be a stranger. :slight_smile:

9. Bryan44

Good luck Greg! Im going to miss you and all your advice! Your an amazing person and you have such a big heart! I wish the best for you (*hug*) :kiss:

10. jazzrawr

Aww, I'll miss you Greg. But there's always going to be facebook, my friend. ^.^
    Sucks to lose such a great member, but such is life.

11. RaRa

Well this was totally out of the blue, i'm gonna miss you. :frowning2:
    Thank god for Facebook! Come back soon! <333333

12. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Greggers you will be soooo missed. I hope you reconsider.

13. Étoile

I never expected to see you leave Greg! We all have to venture out and explore someday to do what's right for us.

Bonne chance d'avenir! (*hug*)

14. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Greg,

Although I do understand your reasons for wanting to leave, I hope you do reconsider. As it was said above, you are an integral part of EC! (*hug*)

In some ways all of your reasons are (perhaps) interrelated but lets start looking at the first one. Although you feel that you are stuck at 5, there is no reason why EC can not help you to move to number 6, your ultimate goal. EC has helped you to come this far. And look how far you have come. Sometimes, it takes a while for us to realize that something we are a part of is helping us to move forward. Sometimes, and even though it feels like that we are stuck, it takes a while for us to realize that we have actually made small steps forward, towards the goal that we want to achieve/reach.

Helping others is not just about giving something back, but it is also about learning something (new) about yourself. In helping others, we learn new things about ourselves that we might not have thought about before. Often when you or I or anybody else for that matter response to a thread or tries to help someone, we can identify, we see similarities in his/her and our situations. In helping, in someways, we are confronted with our own past and our current situation. It is our past that allows us to share something with someone else that might help this person to overcome whatever he/she is dealing with. And lets face it, you are awesome at helping others.

At the same time, helping others we are also helping ourselves because we think about our own current situation and start thinking about how to move forward. At times, in helping others we actually learn new ways/mechanisms to deal with our own situation because and although we often don't talk about ourselves directly, but the reality is, we are the example in our replies and help that we are offering. Your experiences, are unique, you have your own perspective on things. This has helped and is helping EC members.

Although you feel that you have lost friends, yes that might be the case, but at the same time, you still have quite a few friends on here, that would love to chat with you in chat, on your wall and on the boards. Just look at the responses above or the ones that will follow. As in any real life situation, friends come and go. Friends change over time. Is it bad? In some way it is because we feel we have lost something. But in another way it gives us/you the opportunity to get to know some of your other friends on here better, and get to know others too.

In getting to know others, you/we learn new things again, because again you/we share experiences, try to learn from each other. Getting to know others, even if it is just one or two new members, or members who have recently returned with whom you haven't talked yet can help you to over come some of the feelings you have with the leaving of some of your friends. I'm sure you are still having contact with the friends that are no longer a part of EC. Yes, EC might have changed, but again if you look closely, how much has really changed?

EC is a human community. EC is an integral part of your experience. If you look around, EC is still family.

EC can and will help you to move from 5 to 6 or somewhere in between, or wherever you want to be.

EC can help you to move forward. In trying to get to know others, in trying to keep contact with your friends on here, and in trying to help others, you will be able to move forward a lot faster.

Give it some thought. Taking a break at times can be good, but don't make your leaving a permanent leaving.

(*hug*)(*hug*)

15. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll miss you Greg! I might have never told you this, but your advice and posts here made a lot of difference to me.

But if you feel you need to leave, then I totally understand. Please do stop by from time to time!

Best of luck to you! (*hug*)

16. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    (wow, Dude. I'm new and not really acquainted with you, but holy smokes. You got Strokes!) Good luck!

17. silentsound

Aw Greg, I am going to miss you! You have been one of those presences that has really defined EC for a little while. That being said, I understand where you are coming from and I support you. I wish you the best of luck. I just hope you know that if things ever start getting tough for you in any way or you just need a place to come and be among friends you will always be welcomed back to EC with open arms (*hug*)

18. Stuie

Greg, I'm sad to see you go, but it's an inevitable part of your journey through the strange land of GLBTIland. I'll miss you and your AMAZING advice. Sure, there were a few mispellings, but they made you all the more endearing. :slight_smile: Tu vas me manquer! - I'm going to miss you in my hackneyed French. I'll still see you on facebook and twitter, but I'll miss you here.

Talk to you soon,
    Stuart (*hug*)

19. Ben

Ben

Take care Greg! we're always here to welcome you back :grin: And we'll miss you!!

Lovelovelove

20. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

Best of luck, I have enjoyed reading your posts here. You have lots since being that and for that I'm proud of you. Farewell ole sport.