1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What A Difference A Year Makes

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Bookmarked, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Bookmarked

A year is not a terribly long time. In geologic terms, it might as well not exist. That doesn’t change the fact that now (well, 10 minutes if we're using GMT), I will have been a member of EC for exactly a year.
    Lots has changed since. I’m out now, to my parents, friends and everyone that matters. I’ve gained and lost a boyfriend. I got into medical school and passed year 1. Year 2 awaits. I'm deep in debt and the water's rising.

What about here on EC? Looking at my statistics, it’s quite terrible. My post count is abysmally low. My post per day rating is set at 0.39. I’ve written less than half a post per day for a year. Crazy low. Simply put, I lurk. I read things, I think about them, then I close the window. Frankly, people have said what I’ve wanted to say, and I can’t think of much I have to add to it. Still, it’s always nice to keep in touch with people, I must say.
    Blogging has proven quite good fun. I’ve never done it before, and it’s always nice to get some feedback from people. Even if it’s just letting me know that people actually read what I write.

So then, why am I still here? If I don’t post, I’m already out and my life runs smoothly, why do I still log onto EC? Frankly, the atmosphere here is fantastic. Supportive, helpful, and very good fun. While I don’t know many people about, the people I’ve got to know are an awesome bunch and interesting to boot. I don’t think I’ll be leaving any time soon.

Roll on year two!

2. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yay for Mark's first year! :slight_smile: (*hug*)

And don't worry about the post count, we all know size doesn't matter :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Magnet

Congrats on your first year at EC. It's been great having you here :slight_smile:

4. Mickey

Happy Anniversary! It goes by so fast! Hope you're here for another year.

5. TriBi

Maybe you should add you Blog count to your Post count? :wink:

You are not the only one who gives us more to think about in Blogs than (possibly) on the Forum - rather entertainingly as well, I might say. :slight_smile:

Sounds like, overall, it was a pretty good year. Stick around - and share the next one with us in whichever way you choose. :grin:

6. Nitro

Happy ECversary!

psst. what is the deal with the tentacle beard ice cream?

7. Jim1454

Congrats! I'm glad to hear that things are going well.

8. Ben

Ben

Yay Mark! I'm glad you joined. Maybe this next year will bring about more surprises. :grin: