1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got a new car!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by beckyg, Aug 3, 2009.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Can you believe I've never owned a new car? Well finally I do! We did the Cash for Clunkers thing and bought a Ford Escape Limited Edition. It's got a navigation system, leather seats, a sun/moon roof, cargo kit, nice wheels and tires, you name it! I can even plug a laptop into it or make a phone call to my kids using bluetooth. Fancy, huh?

I thought I was all organized when we drove to the dealer 34 miles away. I had all my documents paper clipped together. Well it turns out I grabbed the wrong registration. So here we were finalizing the deal and all over the news was the fact that they were stopping Cash for Clunkers at midnight. I cleaned my old van out on Wednesday and luckily the garbage truck had not come. So I called my little brother and begged and pleaded for him to come to my house and look through the garbage for my registration. Can you believe he found it? So the salesman drove halfway to meet my brother while we signed papers. We got lucky! However, my brother will never let me live this down. I owe him a homecooked meal. He said going into MY garbage was like going into a toilet with all those dirty diapers in there. lol

I have to say I got teary saying goodbye to my old '94 Ford Aerostar. There are alot of memories in a car you've owned for 15 years.

Here are the pictures:

Attached Files:

2. Axon

Wow, Becky. It's great to hear that you finally have your own car. Congrats. You truly deserve it. (*hug*)

3. EM68

That is cool. The Cash for Clunkers is a good program overall. As a car salesman its tough because a lot of people do not understand the workings of it. You are lucky that your salesman went to you to sign the paperwork. If you get called to see how your buying experience was give him a good survey.

#3 EM68, Aug 3, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I already did Ed! :slight_smile: Funny, I thought the guy looked familiar. It turns out we graduated in the same class. We did the research online before we went to the lot to make sure we qualified and what cars we could purchase that would qualify. It went really smoothly except for that registration incident. lol

5. Mickey

Good for you,Becky! You could have given ME the old one! (j/k) I drive an old,tired Ford! The best to you and congratulations.

6. Bryan44

Awesome car! Very nice :slight_smile:

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    You wouldn't want it Mickey. We had to turn the air conditioning off to get up a hill and it was literally duct taped and screwed together. LOL It was sooooo ready for the required "automobile euthanasia" required by the cash for clunkers program. Although I have heard of some pretty nice cars turned in that are going to have to be crunched.

8. Jim1454

Congratulations Becky! That's AWESOME! It sounds like a 'sweet ride'!

9. xequar

Congrats!

And, and this is very important-you bought the right brand, and you got another Repairostar off the road in the process.

10. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Believe it or not my old Aerostar was a great car! It had the fuel pump replaced once but other than that, just maintenance stuff. So we went with Ford again plus they gave big bucks to PFLAG for which I am highly grateful! :slight_smile: