1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shaking

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Zorn, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Zorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow, I'm nervous. I've been reading the forums for a few days now, and it just seems like a good place. I'm completely closeted. I'm not sure about coming out, but I want to, or I wouldn't be here. I have one friend, who I'm almost 100% sure will be fine with it, and she's all I really need, but others would be great. Once when talking to her (she's obsessed with Gerard Butler), she just said, "I never wanted any friends that are girls, I just want a gay friend." I almost started blabbing right then. I've been friends with her since I was 9. I spend almost every weekend at her house, and I may even move in with her family soon. I know them all very well, and I'm sure they'd be fine with me. She also made jokes in emails like "I don't care if you're: Irish, stupid, deaf, homosexual, blind, or whatever, just get over here." I guess I'm just finally ready to do this...maybe. It's nice to know there's a place like this. Everyone seems so helpful. Hope to make some friends here. I can't believe I'm doing this. I feel better about it. :eek:

2. Red87

That's awesome to have a friend like that! I'd say for it, honestly! Oh... And welcome to EC!

3. Double Dubya

HI Zorn :wave: (I thought I was the first one. *Shakes fist at Red87* jk)

Good to hear that you joined EC. It sounds like you have a good friend who would be great for you. How is your family with the whole gay thing?

If you wanna talk my IM and Myspace is in my profile, I’d love to talk.
    :icon_wink WW

If you do come out you have to give us all of the greasy little details:lol:

4. SpikySpice

Hey there, welcome to EC, :wabe:

I'm sure you'll find a lot of good friends here, like you said, they are helpful

I'm glad cuz you have a good friend, it's hard to find a friend like her

And I hope that you'll be successful on your coming out:slight_smile: It' takes time

5. Kimi

Hi and Welcome to empty closets(!) (!)

You are lucky guy to have such a wonderful friend:thumbsup: I hope coming out to her will work out well...if you gonna do it though:icon_wink This place is so friendly so I think you'll make lots of friend here!!!!!!

BTW, the time you posted this thread is exactly same number as my birthday:eek:
    Hope to see you around:smilewave

6. CrimsonThunder

Sounds like you have the perfect friend, enjoy coming out to her because its going to be very easy.

Welcome to the forums! You say you've been reading for the past couple of days dont be scared to post. :slight_smile:

7. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    welcome from me also jayden:grin:

8. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    Hey Zorn and welcome to EC. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that from the stuff your friend has been saying i'm pretty sure she must already know, but want you to come out rather than make herself look stupid, and also giving you some time.

I think it's really cool to have someone like her to fall back on though!!!

Good luck

9. Choucho

Welcome aboard. ^_^

I'm sure you'll find the courage to do it soon, you sound like you're definitely ready. I wish you the best of luck, and from what you've said I'm sure things will work out very well for you. ^_^

10. aussie paul

hey Zorn, welcome to EC. I wish I had a place like this when I was 17! any way, looks like your female friend has guessed U R gay. I agree with jamieuk, it's up to you to tell her. I told a friend once, but he had no idea about my sexuality. (I'm Bi- ) so it was difficult for me to bring up the topic, but then it was easy, I just had to keep talking and blurt it all out. Then cool calmness man! the truth about myself was OUT ! I felt free! So, tell her, she says she is open and accepting. Go for it, she won't hit you! let's know what happens, man. Paul

#10 aussie paul, Aug 4, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2007
  11. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC!

Most of my friends weren't that understanding, you're lucky.

12. Zorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow! Thanks everybody for your comments. I think she may already know also, but there's always that fear, you know? I just got back from spending the weekend with her. We were watching something on the National Geographic channel, and it was all about marriages. Anyway, gay marriage came on, and it showed a gay UK couple trying to get married. It had some woman come on and express her opinions on it (not good ones, mind you.), and then it talked about some political views of it. In the middle she just says something like "I hate politicians and people like that. They're all so stupid." I so wanted to just up and tell her then. An hour later, Monster came on IFC, so we watched it. She said it was so sad because they loved each other, so I think she is completely and totally fine with it. Now I just have to work up the balls to tell her. I don't really think anything bad will happen, but there's always the fear (sorry I'm repetitive.) Just a quick question, but isn't Oct. 11th National Coming Out day? Maybe I can do it by then. As for my family, they don't know, and I'm not sure how they would take it. A few days ago my mom told me to come hear a joke that my stepfather heard. It went something like this:
    "Come hear this joke."
    "...ok. What is it?"
    "Why was there no dinner scene in brokeback mountain?"
    ".....*shrugs*"
    "Because the weinies tasted like shit."
    "...meh..."

So, I don't know about her. I don't care what my stepfather thinks, so that takes care of him. I have heard my brother say that he knows being gay isn't a choice, but he also calls everything gay. My older and little sisters might be surprised, but I think they'll be fine with it. I have no idea how my dad would take it, and I only see him during the summer and christmas (parents are divorced.) I don't know what my grandma's initial reaction would be, but since she talked about a gay cousin or someone she knew and had met and said they were nice, I think she'd be okay as well. I just don't know, and I sometimes let fear get the better of me, but this is something you have to do, and I think I would have a better senior year if I did. Woah, sorry about the long post, just needed to get this out. Thanks again you guys are great. Tomorrow I think I'll put my email or yahoo IM address up.

13. Gera-Kun

HIYO! Welcome to EC!^^

14. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Zorn, it sounds like you are going to be just fine in coming out. You have an awesome friend there to start with! The joke your mom repeated wasn't very nice but things change when they know they have gay people in their own family. Just take one day at a time and come out to your friend first. October 11th is National Coming Out Day. My family was featured on AOL for that, it was pretty cool having our picture on AOL!

15. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC :slight_smile:

I think she would be a great first person to come out to...I think the fact that you've known eachother for so long and that she's telling you directly she would love to have gay friends maybe is a sign that she's already suspicious about you being gay? She might be trying to get you to come out. When i came out to my best friend of 10 years she said "finally! I've been waiting forever for you to come out" Anyways it doesn't look like she would have a problem with it, i definately think you should tell her, you'll feel so much better after :slight_smile:

16. Psych!

Psych! Guest

Welcome 2 EC :smilewave

17. Zorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks again everybody. Hi, Becky! I was hoping to get a reply from you. You are an amazing person. I think I am ready to do it, but I'm looking for the right scenario, when I know it will be just me and her for a while, so it can sink in, I guess. Grrr. My stomach hurts and I shake whenever I think about it. Well, at least for now, you guys know. Even though you don't know who I am, I feel it was a big step. Thanks everybody.

18. Zorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh, I also don't want to keep posting in the introduction category, but is it okay to post in the coming out section, if I haven't done it, yet? Thanks

19. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Hi Zorn - welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

Feel free to post in any section that seems appropriate. "Support and Advice" is probably a good place for what we're discussing here.

20. Zorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Woo! The more I keep posting, the better I feel. I've decided to put my picture in the profile, because if anyone finds out through here, I really don't care. Plus, all you guys can see who's talking :slight_smile: