1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re-Introducing Myself

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by JayTeeNY12, Oct 27, 2009.

1. JayTeeNY12

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I originally joined when I was 14 and just coming out to my friends, family, and self really. Since then I basically had forgotten about the place until I visited my friend Miles and he was logged on. I decided to come back and give it a shot, but a lot has changed since I originally registered so!

My name is James. You can call me Jay, or JayTee. I'm seventeen. I hail from a very small, rural homophobic town in Upstate, New York on the border of the great Massachusetts. I graduated high school a year early and am now a freshman at Hudson Valley Community College (hoping to transfer in the fall).

As for my identity - I identify as a genderqueer tranny boi whom is Pansexual. I'm out to my friends, parents, and unfortunately my siblings and extended family (my parents outed me to most of them, I haven't gotten to really talk talk to any of them about it so they only know what my parents told them.) I'm pre-op and pre-T, but living full time as male and seeing a therapist. My mother is a big brick wall in my life, but shes working on it and I'm working on her so I can start Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) and get top surgery (which I'm hoping to get before next fall...we'll see what happens.)

Other tidbits? I'm in the college's comp cafe as they call it and this guy behind me is listening to really annoying music. I want to turn around and slap the crap out of them but I will refrain. Sorry had to rant or I'd explode.... More seriously I'm taken by the love of my life. I'm straight edge (no drugs or alcohol). I was vegetarian for three years until last month? Haha. I'm a children's ski&snowboard instructor at Jiminy Peak and I love it! This is my first season going back as JayTee however, so we'll see what happens. I was president & co-founder of my high school's GSA and am very involved so far with my college's Pride Alliance (I'm running for Co-chair right now). I should be studying for my psychology midterm thats today right now or doing homework but instead I'm writing this!

Anyways I guess I should wrap this up now. I'm going to try and be more active on here than I was before. Miles says he loves it, so I may as well come back and give it another shot.

Hope to see you all around the forums! =]

2. Bryan44

Hello and welcome back to EC! :slight_smile:

3. Nitro

You seem like a very active person. Welcome back James, and keep up the good work!

4. NYundergrad

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I can relate to a lot you said. I live in lower NY state. I have been upstate and know what it is like. I too graduate HS a year early and went to community college when I was 17. Now Im in my second year and eagerly focusing on my studies. Have you heard of Bellayre or Hunter skii spots?

5. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :smilewave Hi Jay! Welcome back to EC.

6. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Heya James, welcome back! I'm bemused how you could've forgotten this place but there you go. See you around :slight_smile:

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome back! :slight_smile:

8. werekid

hey and welcome back

9. Miles D

JayTee!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:
    hello.

10. ANightDude

Well welcome back, goodsir!
    I'm Riley. :slight_smile:

11. JayTeeNY12

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    NYundergrad - I have heard of both, however I only really ever go to Jiminy Peak because it's so close. Awesome to have someone who can relate though!

Rosina Chicita - When I first joined there weren't many transgendered people on here and I really needed to talk to more transgendered people who understood what I was going through than the rest of the LGB community. =] However I'm back!

Mediumdietcoke - I LOVE YOU. End of story.