1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does it work

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by NYundergrad, Oct 27, 2009.

1. NYundergrad

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Im posted an earlier introduction. I'm new at this haven't done really any socializing online before except with my friends. Are you just suppose to friend request people? I ve seen a lot of cute guys here and don't have much experience interacting in that type of way. I dont know where to look for guys now that I have decided to admit my attraction for them.

#1 NYundergrad, Oct 27, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  2. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah just drop a quick message on their walls saying, 'Hey, I'm Undergrad. You like Nickleback too? Awesome! Rockerstar's a great song isn't it?' I can safely vouch for the majority of users on here, that we're all friendly and chatty, we'll reply :slight_smile: You can couple a friend request with a message, but I personally find it a tad creepy if someone just friends me and doesn't say anything :wink:

Remember no contact details on the walls or forum, kay? As soon as you become a full member, private messages are great!

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Rosina's got it :slight_smile: Feel free to leave messages on people's walls, or reply to people's threads. Once you've been a member for two weeks and have made 50 posts you can apply for full membership, which means you'll be able to send private messages and use the chat room. A lot of the people I'm close to on here, I've become close to through chat.

4. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    I found replying to people's threads a good way of making friends because it let's people know your views and interests and if they share any then it can be a real conversation starter my advice would just be put yourself out there and have fun with the forum the rest will come (*hug*)

5. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, as the above posters said: if you like to talk to someone, you just give them a message on their wall. After which they reply, after which you reply back... and before you know it you'll get a conversation going! Even though it sometimes takes some effort to get a conversation started, once you get it going it's pretty easy to keep it going.

Also replying to people in threads is always appreciated. Even if it is just a few replies in chit chat or fun and games, that's the kind of stuff that does get you noticed and recognised.